Heated Seats Learning

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
KevinM2k

Post by KevinM2k »

Hi,

My heated seats have been in 'learning' mode since september, i've tried resetting the profile to start again and ive tried following the instructions, i.e enable heated seats as soon you get in etc - however its still just in learning mode all the time. Has anyone got this working?

Deleted User 490

Post by Deleted User 490 »

Nope, I spent Nov/Dec switching the drivers seat on when it was cold (e.g. <5 degrees) and if there was a passenger that would be switched on too. There were a lot of cold days, but I’ve not seen the seats do anything as a result of learning, they’ve never been on at the start of a journey on a cold day of their own accord.

My understanding of a learning system is it recognises a use pattern and then does that proactively, so with the seats it would switch them on a the temperature and settings I had repeatedly chosen until I decide to reset the learning. Maybe these expectations are too high or maybe Im doing something wrong :?:
Deleted User 456

Post by Deleted User 456 »

It doesn't learn zip.

I put my seats on 3 for the first time ever the other day. Now starts up every time on level 3, even though it's the only time I have ever used them above level 1.

I have to be honest. The tech in this car totally sucks and unless there is a complete rethink on the next versions, it would stop me buying another Seat
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Stevolution wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:59 pm It doesn't learn zip.

I put my seats on 3 for the first time ever the other day. Now starts up every time on level 3, even though it's the only time I have ever used them above level 1.

I have to be honest. The tech in this car totally sucks and unless there is a complete rethink on the next versions, it would stop me buying another Seat
Are you sure it's not just remembering the last setting? Mine seems to remember no seat or steering wheel heating settings. They stay off on the next ignition cycle unless I put them on.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Deleted User 456

Don't think so. I altered it back to 1 twice and each time I fire it up again, it's back to 3. Steering wheel always seems to be level 1, whatever I do.
Deleted User 490

Maybe it happens to have not synced after you changed the settings to 1, so keeps picking up the last time it did sync when it was at level 3. You could chaage the seats to level 1 and initiate a sync manually from the user app on the infotainment to test this theory.
Deleted User 456

Sync? You mean with the App? I binned using the app weeks ago
It's fine... just another setting I need to make each time I get in.
Deleted User 490

No not the phone app, the user app on the infotainment. That shows the last sync between the car and the cupra servers, you can initiate a sync too.
Deleted User 490

Noticed something about heated seat learning today, a day of several short trips. Each time I got in I set the driver’s seat heating to level 1 and duly saw “learning” on the screen. However, after a short while the “accept new user settings” box appeared. I hit OK and noticed that the heated seat setting went back to off. Annoying.

On subsequent trips I set the seats learning again but didn’t accept the new user settings and the seat stayed on! On about my 6th start I noticed the seat was at level 1, so it seemed to have learned! I’m hoping it will prove to be clever enough to learn I want the seat on when it’s cold and don’t when it’s warmer than say 5 degrees, we’ll see.

Adds to my feeling that it’s the user setting syncing causing many of the issues we see. Hopefully it will get sorted and then be developed further to become really useful.