Delayed start charging

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
Oliverp2560

Post by Oliverp2560 »

Hi. Had my cupra born a few weeks and have moved onto an off peak electricity tariff. However, when I use my home chargers delayed start option it only charges at 3.7kw not 7. Believe it is due to sleep mode. Any ideas how to get round this? Noticed if pause and un-pause it works but don’t want to do that at 00.30am every time I need to charge the car.

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

What charger are you using? My Ohme started doing this, I am now using an ID3 charging protocol with "wake" function, which solved it. Issues started with the grid protecting "delay start" implementation.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
daern

Post by daern »

Oliverp2560 wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:08 pm Hi. Had my cupra born a few weeks and have moved onto an off peak electricity tariff. However, when I use my home chargers delayed start option it only charges at 3.7kw not 7. Believe it is due to sleep mode. Any ideas how to get round this? Noticed if pause and un-pause it works but don’t want to do that at 00.30am every time I need to charge the car.
A fair few people are having the same issue with Ohme Pros if this is what you have. As said above, there's a special profile which works around it, and they're doing a proper software fix to properly resolve it in the future (the ID.3 one is already done and released). Personally, I'm just detecting the slow charging and restarting the charging session automatically with Home Assistant. A charge stop-start always seems to work, so I'm quite happy with this solution for myself.
Deleted User 490

Post by Deleted User 490 »

I’ve also seen this On Pod Point solo, but it’s an occasional thing and hasn’t done it for a few weeks. Their support are aware, took all the details and did a remote software reset of my charger and asked me to monitor it.
UniqueUser1

Post by UniqueUser1 »

How do you know if the charger is working at the lower speed then intended?
Cupra Born V2 | Geyser Silver | Tech L Pack
Deleted User 490

Post by Deleted User 490 »

In the app you can see the mph when it’s charging, around 25-28 is normal (7kw).
UniqueUser1

Post by UniqueUser1 »

Born Leccy wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:26 am In the app you can see the mph when it’s charging, around 25-28 is normal (7kw).
Thank you for the clarification. :)
Cupra Born V2 | Geyser Silver | Tech L Pack