Car forgetting settings

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
Savage

Post by Savage »

Ah that assumes I want the app, so nothing on the actual car screen ?
Cupra Born V2 58KWh AFV 230 Auto E-Boost with Tech Pack L in Geyser Silver.

Deleted User 490

Post by Deleted User 490 »

The User app on the car’s infotainment. The green head and shoulders icon.
Savage

Post by Savage »

Ah I see, thank you.

Settting asked to go online so I did, then saved, asked to apply and it promptly tuned my blue lighting to orange :lol:
tI changed it back then it refused to resave them. I think i'll stay offline and be done :P
williefixit

Post by williefixit »

Savage wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 9:36 pm Dealer fix ? was it Software 3.1 ?
It was something they call a Hotfix - nothing to do with Infotainment software versions - fixed the "new settings" pop-up and the forgetting settings problem - still stable 5/1/23
williefixit

Post by williefixit »

Savage wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:21 am So presumably you log in, set how you want lights colour, dipping mirrors on reverse, air con settings etc, how do you then update that to be your default ?
Once you're connected, if you change the settings it should remember them without having to specifically save them as default.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

williefixit wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:31 pm
It was something they call a Hotfix - nothing to do with Infotainment software versions - fixed the "new settings" pop-up and the forgetting settings problem - still stable 5/1/23
Do you have any more info on this? I'd like to get it sorted and chances are, my dealership won't know what yours did. Both our Borns hassle you for an infotainment update and cock up many settings when you let it apply them.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
williefixit

Post by williefixit »

monkeyhanger wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:11 pm
williefixit wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:31 pm
Do you have any more info on this? I'd like to get it sorted and chances are, my dealership won't know what yours did. Both our Borns hassle you for an infotainment update and cock up many settings when you let it apply them.
A guy on Facebook said you need to mention "TPI 2068408" but someone else said their dealer said it was wrong! Then someone said the fix had been withdrawn. There's another guy who put his car in for it yesterday, but he's not posted since. If I were you I would ask your dealer to ask Cupra for the current Hotfix to solve the new settings pop-up and the forgetting settings issue. Several people have had it just before Christmas including myself and so far it works for everyone who's posted. Join Facebook Group Cupra Born UK and follow the chat.
Savage

Post by Savage »

Presumably, this should eventually be an OTA update ?
williefixit

Post by williefixit »

Savage wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:30 am Presumably, this should eventually be an OTA update ?
I doubt it, as if over the air was possible, I'll bet Cupra would have done that or waited until that could be done. This is an extract from something I had from Cupra around October 2022. "The problem was in a control unit and, with this solution, the control unit will be reset and reinstalled with new software that will solve the problem"
Deleted User 490

Post by Deleted User 490 »

Contacted Cupra to book mine in for diagnostics/hotfix, can't get it in to Citygate Slough until 23 Feb! Call handler said my car was fully up to date, didn't seem to have heard of the issues or the existence of a hotfix. Hopefully somebody at the service dept when it eventually goes in will have.