No paint yet

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Deleted User 456

Post by Deleted User 456 »

Had this with my (Rubbish) Ford Ranger. No official Seat supplied paint or touchup sticks available because it's a new colour.

They also don't plan to make the copper trim as a touchup colour :roll:

Already got a few chips out of the copper spoiler. That's what happens in the new age of 0.0000000000001mm thick, eco Penguin friendly paint.

I'll get the colours scanned at work and have a couple of pens made up

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Stevolution wrote: ↑Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:42 pm Had this with my (Rubbish) Ford Ranger. No official Seat supplied paint or touchup sticks available because it's a new colour.

They also don't plan to make the copper trim as a touchup colour :roll:

Already got a few chips out of the copper spoiler. That's what happens in the new age of 0.0000000000001mm thick, eco Penguin friendly paint.

I'll get the colours scanned at work and have a couple of pens made up
You should definitely have availability of the main colour of your car - it's the same shade as what is called "Manganese Grey" on the ID3 that is made on the same lines at Zwickau.

You might find a few potential takers here for Copper touch up pens if it's economical to do more than a few. Haven't got any copper chips yet.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Deleted User 456

Yes. If I get a decent match on the copper paint pens, then I will get some extra for in here
Deleted User 425

Post by Deleted User 425 »

On eBay UK now at Β£6.75 free post -
Touch Up Paint For Cupra BORN Cup Copper 27A L27A Stone Chip Brush
eBay item number:165342910412

I haven't bought one yet as I clear vinyl wrapped the copper front spoiler trim from new.

Hope this helps.

πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„
Deleted User 456

ooh... nice find. Thanks
alanjs

Post by alanjs »

Chipex (Chipex.co.uk) have the body paint colours listed, although they have them under Seat>Cupra Born and the names are not exactly the same as we have them (i.e. Aurora Blue is Azul-Lava, the red is Merlot-Red, but they don't have the copper listed.
Anyone who needs the copper could contact them, quote their reg no and ask about it.
Born V3, Aurora Blue, Tech (M) pack, Firestorm wheels, Pano roof
Ordered 21 June, 2022, delivered 17 Jan 2023
Deleted User 456

TheGRP wrote: ↑Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:08 pm On eBay UK now at Β£6.75 free post -

I haven't bought one yet as I clear vinyl wrapped the copper front spoiler trim from new.

Hope this helps.

πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„
Purchased a bottle of this and it is ENTIRELY the wrong colour :roll:
This isn't anywhere near the copper colour on a Born
Born2Ride

Post by Born2Ride »

TheGRP wrote: ↑Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:08 pm On eBay UK now at Β£6.75 free post -

Hope this helps.

πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„
Tell us about the wrapping process, where to get the materials etc. I may be tempted to have a go!
Deleted User 425

Post by Deleted User 425 »

I bought off Amazon UK the following which I had researched online, it's worth watching YouTube installation videos to get the right technique. I had plenty which is good as it took 2 attempts before I was happy. The copper front spoiler shape is quite complicated so you'll need a good hot air gun or hair dryer, then the film will stretch and shrink.

Luxshield Paint Protection Film Vinyl 30x300cm for Car, Motorcycle, Bike - Transparent, Self-adhesive, Yard ware made in DE cost - Β£29.99