Adopted a New Born !

Post pictures of your CUPRA Born here
Savage

Post by Savage »

As the new "buy direct from Cupra" system was being a PITA and faffing about with me buying a new car, (it took 2 weeks for them to tell the dealers no you cant have a private plate on first reg for some reason) and basically I would have to start from the beginning again.
So I cancelled my brand new in stock order for a V2 Aurora Blue, and negotiated a deal on a 2 month old management car.

Without the faff from Cupra, a deal was struck 2 days ago, and today I picked up my Geyser Silver Cupra Born V2 58KWh AFV 230 Auto E-Boost with Tech Pack L.

Had to drive home in horrible wet and murky conditions, so the car is already filthy, and the pic isnt that great so it looks more grey than silver in the pics.

20221222_164657[1].jpg

Still, a few bits to do: DashcamX fitting, mudflaps, learn my way around the infotainment then a wash, detox and possibly light machine buff before waxing and detailing :)

Managed near 4KWh per Mile on the A and B roads home with air con on, so seemed pretty OK.
Cupra Born V2 58KWh AFV 230 Auto E-Boost with Tech Pack L in Geyser Silver.

Boxed-in

Post by Boxed-in »

I have a private number on my new car, and have done previously, so I suspect it’s just dealers who can be bothered 😕
Savage

Post by Savage »

Were Cupra doing direct sales when you did that ?
They showed me the screen, probably just a hiccup in the system, but they should have thoroughly trialed it before going live.

TBH that wasn't the issue, its a little more hassle but I could have done it myself afterward. Its more that it took Cupra 2 weeks to inform the dealer that was what was holding up the system, then I had to effectively start again from scratch.
Given their previous timescales, I wasn't about to start again.

I could have waited, but I am not a patient person, and there was an easier/quicker option, so I took it.
VW were going to introduce that system, then backtracked, I hope Cupra do too.
Cupra Born V2 58KWh AFV 230 Auto E-Boost with Tech Pack L in Geyser Silver.