Born Internet for Dummies

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

In my 70s the tech on the car isn't my strong point.
I thought I could use my car as a hotpot rather than use my own phone data. I'm sure I did on my ID3 without much difficulty. On the Born It connects but takes me to cubictelecom to set up a data account.
Do I have to subscribe to get a data hotspot or is there something I'm missing?
I also have the notifications as the pic below that I can't clear. I login and it says I'm connected but not sure if this is anything to do with what I have written above. Is it something to do with a hotshot.
My mobile data plan is only 2Gb/month. Its usually enough as I'm more often or not on a WiFi network.
Bear in mind in your replies I was born in 1950.

20221214_145034.jpg

Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE

OThompson

Post by OThompson »

I believe it is a service that you have to pay for and not anything to do with needing to log in again, sadly.

I had a similar issue with it coming up with a notification stating that i needed to log in again.
Honestly, i recommend that you just grit your teeth and bare with it as the resolution i found took far too much effort.

The way I found to get rid of the notifications was to factory reset the infotainment system which you can do in the settings. This is where you would then go through all the setup steps again such as logging in.
However, when I did this I found that logging in would not work no matter how many times I entered my account details.
And to rectify this I had to delete my account and create a new one.

Quite a lot of effort just to make a notification go away I would say.

I hope this helps and im more than happy to go into more detail if you would like.

Oli
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

OThompson wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:12 pm I believe it is a service that you have to pay for and not anything to do with needing to log in again, sadly.

I had a similar issue with it coming up with a notification stating that i needed to log in again.
Honestly, i recommend that you just grit your teeth and bare with it as the resolution i found took far too much effort.

The way I found to get rid of the notifications was to factory reset the infotainment system which you can do in the settings. This is where you would then go through all the setup steps again such as logging in.
However, when I did this I found that logging in would not work no matter how many times I entered my account details.
And to rectify this I had to delete my account and create a new one.

Quite a lot of effort just to make a notification go away I would say.

I hope this helps and im more than happy to go into more detail if you would like.

Oli
Thanks Oli
I still don't understand how it works. I know when I have Android Auto running my data goes quickly but would rather do that than subscribe to cubictelecom. Good advice on notifications.
I'm gritting my teeth already as I'm having a bad run of AC amnesia. I have to have Clim on the screen all time as it changes setting about every 10 minutes in one journey. It's becoming really annoying. 😡
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
OThompson

Post by OThompson »

Daveion wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:16 pm Thanks Oli
I still don't understand how it works. I know when I have Android Auto running my data goes quickly but would rather do that than subscribe to cubictelecom. Good advice on notifications.
I'm gritting my teeth already as I'm having a bad run of AC amnesia. I have to have Clim on the screen all time as it changes setting about every 10 minutes in one journey. It's becoming really annoying. 😡
I think a lot of the Born drivers share this frustration.

If you are getting a pop up notification suggesting that you have new user settings available i would just cancel it. Whenever i press ok it always changes my air conditioning setting :cry: