Come on... ignition delay maybe

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Deleted User 456

Post by Deleted User 456 »

OK, So I get in, and perform the dance of the touchscreen. Hand brander to 1, seat to 1, lane botherer off, heating to 22.

I pull away and I get a warning that front assist isn't available. Then it tells me I can't have auto headlights either, please clean the windscreen.
So you pull over, press park and get out to clean the little bit of frost that is still covering the camera behind the rear view mirror.

FORGETS EVERYTHING. I have been out the car 9 seconds. The key is still attached to my bag on the passenger seat :twisted: :evil:
Come on, maybe if I got out and locked the car, then do the reset (which in itself is totally annoying), but this retarded ignition activated drivers seat thing basically means I won't ever buy another EV based around this touchscreen system.

Who designs this stuff? Spongebob?

Deleted User 456

Post by Deleted User 456 »

So this week, 2 days out of 5 I have had to pull over and reboot. Today the radio and sat-nav were not available.

Hmm... come on sort it out
BornAgain

Post by BornAgain »

I've given up setting anything to other than default. There is no point. Like you, I used to go through the 5 point checklist and I just don't bother any more.
I even resorted to using the guest profile so that the who are you question goes away. But it is replaced with a do you want to go online question.
Are the software developers old enough to drive, I guess not.
Other than that, I love how it drives, the electric acceleration, comfort and not having to fill up any more.
This will be the story I hope to tell my grandchildren. In the early days of electric cars, we had to ....
Deleted User 490

Post by Deleted User 490 »

I think there are issues with the user profile syncing with all this. If you go to the User > Profile screen, you'll see that it's syncing regularly with Cupra's servers as this is how they can offer different user profiles for the same car, i.e. when you say which user you are it downloads that user's settings and away you go. No idea why the car wouldn't retain those settings until or unless a different user is selected at the entry screen.