Born yesterday

New to the CUPRA Born Forums? Introduce yourself here
Deleted User 490

Post by Deleted User 490 »

Hi all, collected our new Born yesterday, from Citygate Slough who will be getting a great review when the Cupra survey shows up.

We come to the Born via an ID3 Max we bought in July ‘21 as our general runabout, dog transport and occasional longer trips. We liked it and planned to keep it until the facelift GTX.

The Born changed that, reviews pointed consistently to things that appealed, e.g.the styling details, chassis fettle and interior quality so I was reeled in and placed an order for a built car 6 weeks ago. Perfect spec other than it didn’t have the cargo pack, but sourced the parts and fitted it straight after bringing it home.

My take is all the differences add up to a lot and provide a distinct version of MEB, loving it so far.

IMG_4596.jpeg

Last edited by Deleted User 490 on Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Cliffjp

Post by Cliffjp »

I bought my Cupra Born from the same dealer and thought they were excellent as well.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Cliffjp wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:38 pm I bought my Cupra Born from the same dealer and thought they were excellent as well.
Citygate Twickenham were also great for my White V2.

SMC Woking were downright awful though (for the wife's Aurora blue V2).
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
BORN SPURS

Post by BORN SPURS »

Had my 2022 V2 E-Boost, 77 Kwh with Tech Pack L since 19th Oct and also bought it at Citygate Slough.
Cannot praise them enough for their service throughout the purchase and handover period.
Buying an EV for the first time and setting all the tech up on the Born and app from what I have been reading seemed as if it was going to be a bit daunting.
I should not have worried Citygate ran me through the whole process on collection whilst in the car with me.
At handover they set it all up for me including the VIN and the My Cupra app.

I also visited SMC Woking , and found as Cliffjp has, that they need to improve if they want to create a good sales experience.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

BORN AGAIN wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:08 pm Had my 2022 V2 E-Boost, 77 Kwh with Tech Pack L since 19th Oct and also bought it at Citygate Slough.
Cannot praise them enough for their service throughout the purchase and handover period.
Buying an EV for the first time and setting all the tech up on the Born and app from what I have been reading seemed as if it was going to be a bit daunting.
I should not have worried Citygate ran me through the whole process on collection whilst in the car with me.

I also visited SMC Woking , and found as Cliffjp has, that they need to improve if they want to create a good sales experience.
There were multiple ways in which SMC Woking were awful.

1. Instead of their swanky big Seat/Cupra showroom, I had to collect my car from their scruffy little used lot down the road that was like Will's work experience place in the Inbetweeners. Not even a coffee machine there- would've appreciated one for my 275 miles drive home.

2. Large gap on the sill extension drivers side either not seen or ignored on PDI, spotted on my charging stop home and corrected FOC locally once I'd gotten home.

3. First wash I noticed that the bodywork felt like frosted glass - local diagnosis was heavy contamination that should have been dealt with at PDI. The door handles were nice and clean, so didn't notice at pickup. Promised cost for someone to clay bar (they proposed £60 would be enough), then promised a clay bar kit to do myself, got nothing. I wasn't expecting it to detailer levels, but this was incredibly shoddy.

First time I have ever paid list price for a car, given supply vs demand back in June 2022 - incredible complacency on their part for what was a sellers market. I can see that changing as energy bills and mortgage rate rises bite.
Last edited by monkeyhanger on Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
un_born

Post by un_born »

I'm not going to share my story again but it's freely available on this forum.

My supplying dealer was Slough Citygate and my experience is total opposite of those with glowing reports. Still waiting for my promised payment (in email) for a valet that was carried out.
BORN SPURS

Post by BORN SPURS »

monkeyhanger wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:40 am
BORN AGAIN wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:08 pm Had my 2022 V2 E-Boost, 77 Kwh with Tech Pack L since 19th Oct and also bought it at Citygate Slough.

There were multiple ways in which SMC Woking were awful.

1. Instead of their swanky big Seat/Cupra showroom, I had to collect my car from their scruffy little used lot down the road that was like Will's work experience place in the Inbetweeners. Not even a coffee machine there- would've appreciated one for my 275 miles drive home.

2. Large gap on the sill extension drivers side either not seen or ignored on PDI, spotted on my charging stop home and corrected FOC locally once I'd gotten home.

3. First wash I noticed that the bodywork felt like frosted glass - local diagnosis was heavy contamination that should have been dealt with at PDI. The door handles were nice and clean, so didn't notice at pickup. Promised cost for someone to clay bar (they proposed £60 would be enough), then promised a clay bar kit to do myself, got nothing. I wasn't expecting it to detailer levels, but this was incredibly shoddy.

First time I have ever paid list price for a car, given supply vs demand back in June 2022 - incredible complacency on their part for what was a sellers market. I can see that changing as energy bills and mortgage rate rises bite.
The reason I never bought from SMC Woking was that the sales person made me feel uncomfortable. I felt like they were doing me a favour.
It felt like I was dealing with some second hand car dealer.
I wanted to order a v3 77kw with a panaramic roof. I was told I could not have one with a pan roof because the glass made the car too heavy!
Was also told, that I would have to wait until Feb 2023 to get it if I wanted to order a v3 77kw e boost with L tech pack
The part exchange they offered was rubbish and that was also a deal breaker for me because I like to haggle - so I left it.
They would only allow me to have a 20 minute test drive around slow roads and the sales person wanted to come with me, he probably thought I was a 76 year old boy racer - well I am...lol. But you do need to keep the juices flowing at my age...lol

This was 5th October 2022. A long story from there, but I will shorten it.
That evening my wife stumbled across an advert in Autotrader from Cupra Citygate Slough. Upon enquiring, they had been offered by, and had ordered three v2 77kw e boost cars pre built from the factory with L tech packs, these would arrive by end October. Reading what others had said I knew there was a long wait, so I decided I could do without the extra equipment that's on the v3 car - I don't suffer with my back and once I get my seat position set that's it...lol I arranged to go over the next day and what a different buying experience it was. I did the haggling bit, got another 800 quid extra PX to what SMC had offered and did the deal then and there. I then got a call from Slough the next day telling me that my car had left the German port and was now at sea. On 14th Oct I got another call from them telling me that my car had arrived in the UK, was at the PDI stage and I could have it anytime after th 17th Oct. As I said previously, they set the whole car up for me, app and certificates, and showed me how it all worked on the infotainement screen on collection. Proper Customer Service and they still phone me to see how the car is!
There is only one downside to all this. Like you I had to pay full asking price, a thing that I had also never ever done.
Happy Borning.
Shahev

Post by Shahev »

At what point are you informed about your VIN?
Born 77 kw. V3. DCC Beats Heat Pump Firestorm