19" Typhoon Copper Upgrade!!!

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Monkey

Post by Monkey »

I have developed a self-adhesive decal set for blinging up the standard 19" Typhoon alloys that come on the V2 models. I really wanted to go for the copper version, but it meant a factory order, which would delay my Born by months. So, I worked with the lads at Onyx Tinting & Wrapping in Market Drayton and we came up with these!

The decal kit will soon be available to purchase via ebay - I will share the link once up.

Born Typhoon Upgrade.jpg

Cupra Born V2 E-Boost Aurora Blue

Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Monkey wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:53 am I have developed a self-adhesive decal set for blinging up the standard 19" Typhoon alloys that come on the V2 models. I really wanted to go for the copper version, but it meant a factory order, which would delay my Born by months. So, I worked with the lads at Onyx Tinting & Wrapping in Market Drayton and we came up with these!

The decal kit will soon be available to purchase via ebay - I will share the link once up.

Born Typhoon Upgrade.jpg
Do you think they will be durable?
Like the look.
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
Ghiribizzo

Post by Ghiribizzo »

That looks decent. Thinking about winter tyres/wheels right now.
If that happens - plenty time to clean and apply those when ‘off’ the car. 🤓
Born2Ride

Post by Born2Ride »

I like them just for a bit of extra protection, although doubt they are tough enough to cope with my missus parallel parking. :roll:
Monkey

Post by Monkey »

I am giving them a good test before we offer them up for sale. They appear to be pretty robust so far and I've done quite a few miles in very wet conditions. Not sure about pressure washers though...
Cupra Born V2 E-Boost Aurora Blue
viking2010

Post by viking2010 »

Hi

Any news yet on the testing of the decals? I'd certainly be interested in a set!
KEV1L

Post by KEV1L »

+1
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-M | Aurora Blue
Deleted User 456

Post by Deleted User 456 »

Look nice.

Glad however I bought the proper Copper alloys when I ordered mine (and the sound system unpgrade.... £395 was a bargain, looking at the grief people seem to be having adding extra speakers etc + too old for all that faff).

My dealer did the same as this for a customer who wanted the copper alloys but could not wait. But I believe they only lasted a few months before they came away.
Finally they got a local repair place to spray paint them instead.
Savman

Post by Savman »

Any update on when decals will be available interested in sorting my alloys
Any idea on the cost for spraying instead, would be interested to know?
Ben88

Post by Ben88 »

Guess they weren’t durable