New order - lead time

New to the CUPRA Born Forums? Introduce yourself here
gregtaiter

Post by gregtaiter »

Hi, I have just ordered a Born though my company car programme. As it’s ordered through our lease partners, I don’t get to track the order myself. Can anyone share recent lead time with me, either if you have just taken delivery or are due a delivery soon. Thanks

Colin1517

Post by Colin1517 »

My order is also a company car via a lease company. I’ve just cancelled my id3 order after waiting 15 months and not even getting a build date, and was offered a cancelled order for a Born. It was ordered April ‘22 and I’m due for delivery Jan ‘23 if that helps at all.
daern

Post by daern »

Colin1517 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:44 pm My order is also a company car via a lease company. I’ve just cancelled my id3 order after waiting 15 months and not even getting a build date, and was offered a cancelled order for a Born. It was ordered April ‘22 and I’m due for delivery Jan ‘23 if that helps at all.
Fascinating.

We were in the same position at the start of this year - we ordered an ID.3 through Octopus EV in January, albeit one that they already had ordered from VW in 2021, which was scheduled for delivery in September 2022. After reading the ID.3 forums about orders being pushed back and back, we got cold feet and, as luck would have it, the Born had just become available for order so we were first in the queue to place an order for one in late Feb and therefore cancelled the ID.3 order. This was translated to a dealer order in March when they opened the order book, and the car arrived in mid-July, 4 months later in the first few batches of UK cars. I am pretty sure that, had we stuck with the ID.3, we'd still be waiting for it now, so don't regret the decision at all. It's ironic, really, considering that both cars come off the same production line in the same factory!

Sorry to OP, but perhaps this doesn't answer his question very well as I've had my car for a few months, but if it's any consolation, it's very much worth waiting for! I've just had a quick look on the Octopus quoting portal, and it says "May 2023 - Jul 2023" for an order placed today, so maybe that gives some idea.
Deleted User 456

Post by Deleted User 456 »

I ordered my Born V2 77KW on 4th July 2022. To my spec, so built from scratch.
Was promised delivery late Oct and was kept well informed of progress.
Got email from Seat dealer telling me it had landed in the UK in Sept, and a video of it arriving at the dealer in mid Oct.
Delivered 28th of October exactly as promised.

All my dealer extras fitted (mudflaps etc), fully charged, coffee, and a few merch bits thrown in.

Never had such a good dealer experience.
Boxed-in

Post by Boxed-in »

I ordered my V3 77kw July, factory build. Hoped to be delivered this month, but told there are delays in shipping so will probably be December now

To be fair to the dealer they said up front they had no clue as to when it would be delivered.

🤷🏼‍♂️
alanjs

Post by alanjs »

Stevolution wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:12 pm I ordered my Born V2 77KW on 4th July 2022. To my spec, so built from scratch.
Was promised delivery late Oct and was kept well informed of progress.
Got email from Seat dealer telling me it had landed in the UK in Sept, and a video of it arriving at the dealer in mid Oct.
Delivered 28th of October exactly as promised.

Never had such a good dealer experience.
Sounds like you struck lucky with the supply chain.

I ordered a V3 58Kw at the end of June and was told October delivery. The dealer did not inform me of any progress and was slow to respond when I sent e-mails around the end of September. Eventually I was told build week 41 and recently they confirmed the car had left the factory in week 46 and delivery is likely to be December!
So I guess there may have been delays in V3 parts or possibly tech pack (M) components.

Not impressed with my dealer but there isn't a lot of choice around here (Tamworth).

Perhaps we need a "Recommended/Not Recommended dealer" thread like some other sites.
Born V3, Aurora Blue, Tech (M) pack, Firestorm wheels, Pano roof
Ordered 21 June, 2022, delivered 17 Jan 2023
Boxed-in

Post by Boxed-in »

Mmmm I was told you could not have a pano roof on a V3 version (maybe only the V3 77kw)

🙁
alanjs

Post by alanjs »

Boxed-in wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:32 pm Mmmm I was told you could not have a pano roof on a V3 version (maybe only the V3 77kw)

🙁
Nope. If you check the online configurator, you'll see that the Pano Roof is an option on all models. I checked everything out before I went to the dealer and I needed to tell them what was available.
There are some caveats, though. As well as V1, V2 and V3 having different specific wheel versions, if you want the Firestorm wheels you have to specify a V3 e-boost model. I had to explain that to the sales manager as well.
If you haven't had a build week yet you may be able to add the roof to your order.
Born V3, Aurora Blue, Tech (M) pack, Firestorm wheels, Pano roof
Ordered 21 June, 2022, delivered 17 Jan 2023
Deleted User 456

Post by Deleted User 456 »

Heritage Seat Bristol
99-101 Feeder Rd, Avon, Bristol BS2 0UB

Would recommend them entirely from my experience.
daern

Post by daern »

Boxed-in wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:32 pm Mmmm I was told you could not have a pano roof on a V3 version (maybe only the V3 77kw)
I seem to recall reading / hearing that this was originally due to a weight restriction on the car (which is why the original 77kW cars were four rather than five seats), because the glass roof is heavier than the regular one. I also believe that this restriction is / will be engineered out on future cars which is probably why it's now available as an option again.

I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will confirm this.