Heating

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Post Reply
Carlymc91
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:07 pm

Post by Carlymc91 » Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:55 pm

Hi!

This might be a really stupid question but how do you get the heating to work in the car?

I’ve got it on eco mode and on the highest setting but it blows out cold air! I’ve managed to work the heated steering wheel but can’t work out anything else!

TheBornIDentity
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:55 pm

Post by TheBornIDentity » Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:25 pm

It’s rather weird how it works on Auto. I think unless you turn it up really high it blows cool air out the front but warm air at your feet or windscreen. Yeah if you hit climate and the touch the front vents on the screen then hit air comes out.

Can’t say I get it entirely but it mine does warm the car up even if cold air is coming out the front.

Nacaduct
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:32 pm

Post by Nacaduct » Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:50 pm

Dog knows how the AC is programmed in this car… hot air from outside vent, cooler air from ONE middle vent, hot from the other. Can’t help but thinking this is yet another software issue, where things aren’t quite the way they should be.
Cupra Born since ‘22

User avatar
Daveion
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:32 pm

Post by Daveion » Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:18 pm

Nacaduct wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:50 pm
Dog knows how the AC is programmed in this car… hot air from outside vent, cooler air from ONE middle vent, hot from the other. Can’t help but thinking this is yet another software issue, where things aren’t quite the way they should be.
It's VWs Counter Rotational Air Propulsion system.
It moves air around in the car in a random fashion thereby creating a good mix of both temperature and humidity. It's appropriate abbreviation is the CRAP system.
ID3 LIFE 150kW 2020 sold Jun 22
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22

Betty b
Posts: 248
Joined: Sat May 21, 2022 12:46 am

Post by Betty b » Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:31 am

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-L | Vapour Grey

vanessah1309
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:35 am

Post by vanessah1309 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:09 am

My car is currently at a dealership having been there since Saturday 15th October, I hadn't even had the car for 3 weeks. It's awaiting a "PTC heater" but no idea when the part is due to arrive.

Not only did I have no heating, I also had another electric fault showing so I can't see the PTC heater being fixed making a difference with that fault but who knows.

Quite disappointed with it all so far :roll:

Carlymc91
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:07 pm

Post by Carlymc91 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:49 pm

vanessah1309 wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:09 am
My car is currently at a dealership having been there since Saturday 15th October, I hadn't even had the car for 3 weeks. It's awaiting a "PTC heater" but no idea when the part is due to arrive.

Not only did I have no heating, I also had another electric fault showing so I can't see the PTC heater being fixed making a difference with that fault but who knows.

Quite disappointed with it all so far :roll:

Did you get your car back? Mine is due in the garage tomorrow and I’m just wondering if it will come back 🙄

Nacaduct
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:32 pm

Post by Nacaduct » Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:37 am

Getting colder here nowadays, and the AC works in… um, mysterious ways.
Either the door/window is sealed badly, or the windscreen air outlet blow seemingly cool air along the driver side window because it feel like there’s a draft. Feels like something is not right.

Anybody experiencing something similar?
Cupra Born since ‘22

monkeyhanger
Posts: 334
Joined: Tue May 31, 2022 8:12 pm

Post by monkeyhanger » Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:28 pm

Nacaduct wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:37 am
Getting colder here nowadays, and the AC works in… um, mysterious ways.
Either the door/window is sealed badly, or the windscreen air outlet blow seemingly cool air along the driver side window because it feel like there’s a draft. Feels like something is not right.

Anybody experiencing something similar?

Your user name seems appropriate for this issue. Not noticed in either of our 2 Borns. You can deselect windscreen venting, but in this cold and damp weather, I'd advise against that to keep it clear.
2022 V2 E-Boost, L-Tech Pack - Glacial White
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565

Post Reply