Doesn’t always offer to sign into the user

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
Benjo88

Post by Benjo88 »

Does anyone else’s Born just not give you the option sometimes to press “ok” on the user…. Then have ti continue their drive without their user profile unless you reset the screen or get in / out the car.

Very frustrating.

Also did a 10 min journey this morning and was asked 5 x if i want to update some new settings. I have seen threads saying to ignore these which is what i have done but this morning was the most i have received this message in one journey,
Cupra Born | V1 | Tech L Pack | Greyser Silver | Newcastle (North East|

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

That's only happened to me once.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
SamNL

Post by SamNL »

Had the same annoying experience. A black screen without working icons at the bottom. I was able to go into the car assistance settings but that was it. I stopped the car, pressed the contact button on the steering column to switch off the car and after 2 seconds pressed the button again to switch the car back on. Same as getting out and back in the car, I guess.
It seems to happen when you drive off to quickly. You better wait until you actually see the user select screen.
SimonH

Post by SimonH »

Happened to me a couple of times and the not much worked, haven't worked out the pattern yet....
KevinM2k

Post by KevinM2k »

Yeah happened to me numerous times, very odd
alex1337

Post by alex1337 »

Happens to me. I find best thing to do is hold the power button thats bottom left under the display for a couple secs and press it again to turn back on. Can then press ok. Annoying software bug they need to fix!
Born V2 Vapour Grey
Savage

Post by Savage »

if I didnt want to use the app for anything, and all I wanted was to have my phone connect for calls/texts, could I go without being primary user.
As it doesnt appear to save any setting preferences, it seem pretty redundant to me ?
Cupra Born V2 58KWh AFV 230 Auto E-Boost with Tech Pack L in Geyser Silver.
WoT

Post by WoT »

Yes it is redundant but if you ignore it you can't use some infotainment systems.
58kwh v2 Dec 22
Juan33

Post by Juan33 »

I get that all the time and I knew before buying the car that the software was going to be “challenging “ but is well over my expectations, is just awful, and is a shame because I love how the car drive etc but the software let the car down from 10 to 2 !!!. Anyway does anyone know or try change the user and see if the seats adjust itself to the user?? I did create a profile for my wife and she change my seat position etc and I hear before that part of the car didn’t come with memory seat was because was going to be automatic when change the register user. Guess what it didn’t (WORK !!! ) like always. Thanks
alanjs

Post by alanjs »

I agree there are quite a few small niggles with the infotainment, I've learned to live with them.
Screen not prompting for user: I've had this a couple of times. I just lifted my bum off the seat for a few seconds and the prompt appeared.
Electric set memory: There isn't one. The dealer told me it did, but from what I have read, there is no Canbus connection in the current seats so there is no position memory. I understand that the facelift ID.3 will have seat memory when it comes out.
Update new settings: I get this now and again and I just hit OK. The only thing that I see changing is the ambient lighting colour which is easy to reset. It used to reset the climate controls by turning on the heating on the steering wheel, but it stopped doing that (maybe it'll come back in winter) but again, it only takes seconds to fix. There is a fix for it but I can't be bothered going all the way to the Cupra dealer to have it applied.
I don't use my phone for anything in the car. My wife's phone is connected but she only uses it for phone calls (when I am driving!)
Born V3, Aurora Blue, Tech (M) pack, Firestorm wheels, Pano roof
Ordered 21 June, 2022, delivered 17 Jan 2023