Heated seats retrofit

All CUPRA Born related discussions
CorentinMiq

Post by CorentinMiq »

Hello everyone,
This is my first publication.

Future owner of a Cupra Born in a few days as my first car (I am 26 years old), I chose a vehicle in stock so without being able to choose the options (it avoids me to wait 8 months).

It has a few optional equipments: 19 inches wheels, panoramic roof, Park Assist... but unfortunately no heated seats!

Has anyone here ever tried a retrofit of heated seats on a Cupra Born?

While searching a bit, I came across this https://www.kufatec.com/en/comfort-retr ... -meb-46757 it's supposed to work for the ID3, 4 and 5 and the Skoda Enyaq, so think it should work for the Born too.

What do you think about it?
Born 58 kW 204 hp
Vapor Grey & Typhoon Copper
Pilot M & Tech L
Gargo Pack, Privacy, & Skyline panoramic roof

Elea4

Post by Elea4 »

From what I've seen, coding for the Born usually has a few different bytes from the ID.3. I would not count on it working on the Born!

There are many coding examples of that here:
https://forum.obdeleven.com/board/425/k1

Furthermore, what gives you the impression that non-heated seats have the heating pads already installed and only need the harness & coding to make them functional?

fwiw the only part of the front seats that are heated are the bottoms and not the backrests.
CorentinMiq

Post by CorentinMiq »

Elea4 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:16 am From what I've seen, coding for the Born usually has a few different bytes from the ID.3. I would not count on it working on the Born!

There are many coding examples of that here:
https://forum.obdeleven.com/board/425/k1

Thanks for the reply ! And for the link about what's possible to code with OBD too, because the Travel Assist is another question I have.
I got the Pilot Pack M with Lane Assist, Adaptive + Predictive Cruise Control with traffic sign recognition and Traffic Jam Assist, and the Park Assist, but not the Top View cameras or the Side Assist with Rear Traffic Alert (it's unavailable to order, and it's apparently the case for everyone so far in Europe).
But maybe I should open another Topic for this.
Elea4 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:16 am Furthermore, what gives you the impression that non-heated seats have the heating pads already installed and only need the harness & coding to make them functional?

fwiw the only part of the front seats that are heated are the bottoms and not the backrests.
I'm not sure about that either, that's part of my question.
But considering it works for the I.D line-up, the Enyaq, and even the Formentor, I just thought it should work, but I haven't found any information / confirmation about it, so that's also why I'm asking.
Born 58 kW 204 hp
Pilot M & Tech L
Betty b

Post by Betty b »

I think my backrests heat up on our Cupra,
Will have a closer look next trip out.
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-L | Vapour Grey
Elea4

Post by Elea4 »

Betty b wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:12 pm I think my backrests heat up on our Cupra,
Will have a closer look next trip out.
I stand corrected!

Since many owners have reported that the ID.3 doesn't have a heated backrest, I wanted to double-check one of the Born service manuals:

heated.png

https://cardiagn.com/2021-cupra-born-di ... t-heating/
CorentinMiq

Post by CorentinMiq »

Elea4 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:49 pm
I stand corrected!

Since many owners have reported that the ID.3 doesn't have a heated backrest, I wanted to double-check one of the Born service manuals:

heated.png

https://cardiagn.com/2021-cupra-born-di ... t-heating/
Thanks for all those informations !
For some reasons, I can’t access this website even with Chrome or Opera.

So that’s the list of all parts required to get heated seats in the Born ?
And does someone know what’s already installed in the Born which doesn’t have heated seats ?

As it’s a leasing, I won’t take much risks to implement it. If it’s just about two cables and coding with OBD I’m not afraid, but if I need to change de the seats or whatever, the game doesn’t worth the effort.
Born 58 kW 204 hp
Pilot M & Tech L
un_born

Post by un_born »

CorentinMiq wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:31 pm Hello everyone,
This is my first publication.

Future owner of a Cupra Born in a few days as my first car (I am 26 years old), I chose a vehicle in stock so without being able to choose the options (it avoids me to wait 8 months).

It has a few optional equipments: 19 inches wheels, panoramic roof, Park Assist... but unfortunately no heated seats!

Has anyone here ever tried a retrofit of heated seats on a Cupra Born?

While searching a bit, I came across this https://www.kufatec.com/en/comfort-retr ... -meb-46757 it's supposed to work for the ID3, 4 and 5 and the Skoda Enyaq, so think it should work for the Born too.

What do you think about it?
I think your link is just for the wiring part. You may need to find the actual heating elements as well.
Betty b

Post by Betty b »

As Elea4 says I don’t think the elements will be there so making it a big job.
Missing rear speakers and wiring perfect example of VW making it hard to add missing options.
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-L | Vapour Grey
CorentinMiq

Post by CorentinMiq »

...So I can forget about it lol.
I did not imagine that they would bother industrially to make two variants of seats, with and without the heating parts.

I have to check for the Travel Assist now ! Seems much easier to do.
Born 58 kW 204 hp
Pilot M & Tech L