Electric drive not working correctly.

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
Carlymc91

Post by Carlymc91 »

Hello!

I have had my born for a week now and an amber warning light has come up saying ‘Electric drive not working correctly. Please contact workshop.’ This was after charging it for the first time.

I have contacted and can’t get the car in the workshop until the 28th!

Has anyone else had this issue and able to shed some light on it please?

Thanks in advance!

Kernowboy

Post by Kernowboy »

Might be worth calling Cupra Roadside Assistance out. They should be able to diagnose and may be able to fix. Haven’t used Cupra assist before but VW Assistance has access to priority slots at the dealers so if they can’t fix it they get you straight in to the workshop - Cupra may well be the same given they are part of the same group.
Nwborn

Post by Nwborn »

Was it charged via a granny charger? (3 pin plug) I had an ID3 for a test and left that charging via granny charger and it got this, apparently it does it when it’s been charging for too long and mine reset itself
Carlymc91

Post by Carlymc91 »

I’ve had roadside assistance out who have said their software doesn’t match up with the cupra software as it is so new so they can’t see why the fault is coming up. They have deemed it drivable but no one can seem to tell me what the fault is as they haven’t seen it on the born before!
un_born

Post by un_born »

Maybe a totally different issue but I watched this on YouTube. 3m10secs in is the relevant part.

Elea4

Post by Elea4 »

Carlymc91 wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:09 pm Hello!

I have had my born for a week now and an amber warning light has come up saying ‘Electric drive not working correctly. Please contact workshop.’ This was after charging it for the first time.

I have contacted and can’t get the car in the workshop until the 28th!

Has anyone else had this issue and able to shed some light on it please?

Thanks in advance!
Did you try a soft reset? Hold down the power button on the steering column for 10 seconds.

On the German Born forum, some people have reported this error can sometimes go away without issue.
tiagomilhazes

Post by tiagomilhazes »

I had the same problem with mine, the car didnt go foward or in reverse after showing that message... I left the vehicle alone for 15 minutes and when i came back, everything was normal, never showed the message after that.
tiagomilhazes

Post by tiagomilhazes »

I had the same problem with mine, the car didnt go foward or in reverse after showing that message... I left the vehicle alone for 15 minutes and when i came back, everything was normal, never showed the message after that.

btw i called Cupra Roadside Assistance during that incident and their solution was to tow the car with not even seeing the car..
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

That's the trouble with these cars - they're computers on wheels and sometimes they seemingly just need a reboot after throwing up what seems to be a major fault.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565