My new car

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Michaelyzf1

Post by Michaelyzf1 »

Hello Everyone

So into my second week with our new car. My wife's driving it now as well, big achievement as she isn't the most confident of drivers, haha.

1st venture into the Ev world for us, have to say so far so good, i'm impressed.

Car is a fantastic drive, so smooth & responsive, you can tell its a Vw at heart.

The infotainment has proved to be good up to now. Only thing for me is it's sometimes a little slow to respond.

Haven't uploaded the my Cupra app yet, wanted to see if the infotainment was ok on its own. May upload app in few weeks.

Everyday i read the detailed manual i downloaded and master more features of the car. It's working well and i can now navigate the screen successfully.

One thing i think would help, words are easier than icons, you don't have to memorise words like icons.

Had initial bother unlocking the car, soon overcame that, fine every time now.

Had the charging cable unable to remove issue, overcame that, fine every time now.

Currently learning when to charge to ensure we don't run out. Don't do big milage so no risk really, but good to know for longer journeys.

So heres to more happy motoring and I hope you are all enjoying your Born experience too.

On another note, spied a Born on the road for the first time last week in Spennymoor / Bishop Aukland area, Quasar Grey it looked great, any takers on here???

Regards Michael
V2 / 58kw e-B / T-pack L / Raleigh Red

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Unless you want to set cabin temp remotely when you're on your way back to the car, I wouldn't bother with the App. It annoys me that every time I get into the car, I have to confirm its me on the infotainment screen before I use it.

Before I set all the app stuff up, the UI seemed a lot quicker - presumably because now it has to try and communicate with the app to see if you're doing anything in the app before it does anything else.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Michaelyzf1

Post by Michaelyzf1 »

monkeyhanger wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:07 am Unless you want to set cabin temp remotely when you're on your way back to the car, I wouldn't bother with the App. It annoys me that every time I get into the car, I have to confirm its me on the infotainment screen before I use it.

Before I set all the app stuff up, the UI seemed a lot quicker - presumably because now it has to try and communicate with the app to see if you're doing anything in the app before it does anything else.
Thanks for that MonkeyHanger

On your advice i will not bother setting the app up as i'm happy with the way the UI is working right now.

The car warms up quite quickly as it is, and we are not high milers by any means.

You must be from Hartlepool haha

Regards Michael
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Michaelyzf1 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:10 am
monkeyhanger wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:07 am Unless you want to set cabin temp remotely when you're on your way back to the car, I wouldn't bother with the App. It annoys me that every time I get into the car, I have to confirm its me on the infotainment screen before I use it.

Thanks for that MonkeyHanger

On your advice i will not bother setting the app up as i'm happy with the way the UI is working right now.

The car warms up quite quickly as it is, and we are not high milers by any means.

You must be from Hartlepool haha

Regards Michael
I was pleased with how much quicker the UI was vs my ID3 on version 2.3, until I added the app!
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Nacaduct

Post by Nacaduct »

Michaelyzf1 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:34 am
One thing i think would help, words are easier than icons, you don't have to memorise words like icons.
One thing I think many of you English speakers forget: This is a car made for many peoples, speaking different languages, and using icons is a simpler solution in the UI than translating words.
Cupra Born since ‘22
Michaelyzf1

Post by Michaelyzf1 »

Nacaduct wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:51 pm
Michaelyzf1 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:34 am
One thing I think many of you English speakers forget: This is a car made for many peoples, speaking different languages, and using icons is a simpler solution in the UI than translating words.
Hello Nacaduct

Understand that completely, however the UI contains a lot of text in english, so there must be software versions for every country, so in my mind it could easily be done.

Regards Michael