Hello from Newcastle

New to the CUPRA Born Forums? Introduce yourself here
Andyjsam

Post by Andyjsam »

Hi all

Future Born owner from Newcastle (Upon Tyne) here. Waiting for my delivery of a Vapour Grey V2 with Tech Pack L due middle of this month. Can't wait, this will be my first EV so still a lot to get my head around.

Got a couple of questions from anyone who has received their Borns already that I couldn't find anywhere else:
- Does the car come with two keys? If so are they the same, or is there one cheaper key and one full key?
- Do the lights do the animation when turning on in the dark as shown on the Cupra website, on UK spec cars?

Look forward to talking to you all, seems a good community :)

Andy

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Yes, you get 2 identical keys. Light animation? Not sure, haven't noticed, but haven't driven the car in the dark much.

Pretty local to you (North Shields), so if you need any OBD11 coding, give me a shout.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Benjo88

Post by Benjo88 »

Welcome mate, seems we have good taste in the north east, i’m from wallsend (not far from MonkeyHanger)

I think you are talking about the animation of when you unlock the car the front light light up starting from one side to the other of eacb light and then remain on? Yes it does, but IMO it’s not as impressive as advertised but still quite cool feature.
Cupra Born | V1 | Tech L Pack | Greyser Silver | Newcastle (North East|
Blackeunos

Post by Blackeunos »

I like the Cupra logo puddle lights, much better than the random shales of the iD.3.
2016-2021 - Nissan Leaf Tekna 24
Sept 21-July 22 - VW ID.3 Life Pro Moonstone
July 22 - Cupra Born V1, Vapor grey, Tech Pack L, 19" Typhoon alloys
Benjo88

Post by Benjo88 »

Yeah the puddle lights are great.

I think what he is referring to above is the headlight animation you get when 1st unlocking the car at night.
Andyjsam

Post by Andyjsam »

Didn't know there was so many Borns in the NE, been keeping an eye out for them but only spotted my first one today in Kingston Park.

Thanks for the answers and offer of OBD11 coding, may take you up on that, there's a couple of tweaks I want!

Yeah I was referring to the start up animation mentioned above, did think it may be a little underwhelming but didn't realise the car had puddle lights!

Did you guys get your cars from Sunderland Cupra presumably?
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Andyjsam wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:08 pm Didn't know there was so many Borns in the NE, been keeping an eye out for them but only spotted my first one today in Kingston Park.

Thanks for the answers and offer of OBD11 coding, may take you up on that, there's a couple of tweaks I want!

Yeah I was referring to the start up animation mentioned above, did think it may be a little underwhelming but didn't realise the car had puddle lights!

Did you guys get your cars from Sunderland Cupra presumably?
I jumped on the first demo wave of stock V2s advertised on Autotrader, picking mine (white) up from Twickenham and the wife's (Aurora Blue) from Woking - so I had quite a trek for both.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Benjo88

Post by Benjo88 »

Got mine from twickenham also mate. Sunderland weren’t much help.
pandamoanium

Post by pandamoanium »

Welcome! Also got my Born from Twickenham! That is quite a distance to travel to a dealer, but glad they helped and they seemed very helpful to me. I'm only 20 minutes from Twickenham. :-)
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-L | Glacial White
Michaelyzf1

Post by Michaelyzf1 »

Hello Andyjsam

I went to sunderland initially, not impressed.

Went to Bristol Street in Darlington, different again.

Collect my car on Wednesday 22/9, can't wait.

Regards Michael
V2 / 58kw e-B / T-pack L / Raleigh Red