3 days in an infotainment system frozen

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
michbright

Post by michbright »

Car not reset so it’s back to the dealership I go! Oh joy!!!
Cupra Born | V1 | Aurora Blue

Betty b

Post by Betty b »

Try opening the bonnet, boot and all doors then close all and lock the car.
If that doesn’t work can you hit the volume and it should bring up the cog, click on this and it brings up the volume menu, go to reduce volume when doors are open and set it to “0”
I had same fault and this worked for me 🤞
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-L | Vapour Grey
michbright

Post by michbright »

Betty W wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:35 pm Try opening the bonnet, boot and all doors then close all and lock the car.
If that doesn’t work can you hit the volume and it should bring up the cog, click on this and it brings up the volume menu, go to reduce volume when doors are open and set it to “0”
Thank you! This worked!! It was the volume button that worked. It connected to my phone and started playing, then everything worked. I think the neighbours thought I was nuts, opening all the doors in the rain but I don’t care. It’s working 😊
Betty b

Post by Betty b »

No problem, glad it’s sorted 👍
michbright

Post by michbright »

It's saved me a 50 mile round trip, so I'm happy.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

michbright wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:18 pm
Betty W wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:35 pm Try opening the bonnet, boot and all doors then close all and lock the car.
Thank you! This worked!! It was the volume button that worked. It connected to my phone and started playing, then everything worked. I think the neighbours thought I was nuts, opening all the doors in the rain but I don’t care. It’s working 😊
That's a crazy fix 😂 Was it advised by Cupra?
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
michbright

Post by michbright »

Daveion wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:59 pm
michbright wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:18 pm
That's a crazy fix 😂 Was it advised by Cupra?
Who knows? But... when it connected to my phone, it started playing Shania Twain, Don't be Stupid :lol:

I definitely think that's what did the trick.
Betty b

Post by Betty b »

No I just had to figure it out myself 🤣
It’s some bug with CarPlay not shutting down properly and drivers door open.
If I’d booked my car in at local Cupra dealers for this fixing I’d be probably coming home to make Christmas dinner 🤣
michbright

Post by michbright »

Betty W wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:01 pm No I just had to figure it out myself 🤣
It’s some bug with CarPlay not shutting down properly and drivers door open.
If I’d booked my car in at local Cupra dealers for this fixing I’d be probably coming home to make Christmas dinner 🤣
Using a process of elimination, we think we've worked it out. I use CarPlay, but my husband doesn't and has only connected his phone via Bluetooth. I think the car was still looking for CarPlay on my phone and it got stuck. Clearly it's a software glitch that needs to be ironed out.
Betty b

Post by Betty b »

This is exactly what happened to me, other half used car next day but CarPlay hadn’t disconnected from my phone.