Charging issue

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
Northwest born

Post by Northwest born »

Has anyone had a charging issue? I had to call pod point today after trying to charge last night and not getting any colour light on the plug. Turned all the times off in the charging app and left it a bit as the car is slow to update, checked again and nothing. Had to put times back into the app to get it to charge. Pod point have checked the charger at their end and it is all good. They also wiped the app but when I tried again I got a solid red light on the plug. The manual says contact tech support which I will tomorrow but pod point said the charger is fine so maybe a scheduling issue with the cars charging times but I don't have any set as I can't get the cupra app working after entering the VIN
I did get a polite dig in about the lack of charge points that are not RFID in some areas!

TheBornIDentity

Post by TheBornIDentity »

If you mean the red light on the car where the charger plugs in that’s nothing to worry about. It goes red if the charger is plugged in but doesn’t provide any power due I.e when the charge is scheduled for later by the charger.

Sometimes it doesn’t go red for a while or until you unlock the car and lock it again.

Once the charger starts it will go green.
Gregblack

Post by Gregblack »

I seem to have an issue charging mine at home. I have a rolec smart charger 7kw. Doesn’t seem to recognise it being plugged in
V1 in that nice blue colour with some bits on it
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

My Ohme charger has started giving half charges overnight (only around 25% added instead of the usual 50ish%). Nothing's changed, so i'm going to reinstall the app and start again. Maybe the Grid/Government's tinkering to stop everyone jumping on the grid at the exact same second at 0030 is to blame?

This happened to both Cupras, each charged on consecutive nights
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565