Hello everyone (Michael from Durham)

New to the CUPRA Born Forums? Introduce yourself here
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Michaelyzf1 wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:20 am
Cliffjp wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:17 pm I have an id3 on order but decided yesterday to order a Born V2, Glacier White, e boost, tech pack L. I ordered from Citygate Slough. They reckon I should get it on 7 Oct 22. I got £1k off list. Not sure how certain I can be if collection date as it is still a way off (5 weeks).
No discounting on list prices at pulman sunderland or Bristol Street darlington.
I was lucky, traded a Nissan juke and think they wanted it, got a very good price at BS Darlington, £1,5k more than pulman......Happy dayz
I'm guessing Slough Citygate wanted to meet a monthly/quarterly target or a sales volume target, or they see a storm on the horizon with the rising fuel prices perhaps anticipated to hit new car sales hard? Sold both our ID3s through Motorway, sold the Life for about £7k more than we paid for it, and the Family for just shy of £10k more than we paid for it. As a result, to upgrade 2 x ID3 204ps/58kWh to 2 x Born 231ps E-Boost V2 cost us about £5k and IMO it was money well spent.

For me, the 19" wheels (best looking wheels across the ID3/ID4/Born range IMO) of the V2, the HUD, the Sports seats, central console and far nicer front end, as well as the E-boost are great additions for the extra money over the ID3s they replaced.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565

Cliffjp

Post by Cliffjp »

Many thanks for that Monkeyhanger- my other car is a Porsche Cayman GTS 4 and I am paranoid about kerbing its 20” wheels. The cupra’s are pretty big at 19” but much higher profile so less vulnerable.
Cliffjp

Post by Cliffjp »

monkeyhanger wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:30 am
Michaelyzf1 wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:20 am
Cliffjp wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:17 pm I have an id3 on order but decided yesterday to order a Born V2, Glacier White, e boost, tech pack L. I ordered from Citygate Slough. They reckon I should get it on 7 Oct 22. I got £1k off list. Not sure how certain I can be if collection date as it is still a way off (5 weeks).
No discounting on list prices at pulman sunderland or Bristol Street darlington.
I was lucky, traded a Nissan juke and think they wanted it, got a very good price at BS Darlington, £1,5k more than pulman......Happy dayz
I'm guessing Slough Citygate wanted to meet a monthly/quarterly target or a sales volume target, or they see a storm on the horizon with the rising fuel prices perhaps anticipated to hit new car sales hard? Sold both our ID3s through Motorway, sold the Life for about £7k more than we paid for it, and the Family for just shy of £10k more than we paid for it. As a result, to upgrade 2 x ID3 204ps/58kWh to 2 x Born 231ps E-Boost V2 cost us about £5k and IMO it was money well spent.

For me, the 19" wheels (best looking wheels across the ID3/ID4/Born range IMO) of the V2, the HUD, the Sports seats, central console and far nicer front end, as well as the E-boost are great additions for the extra money over the ID3s they replaced.
I think you are right about the reasons for discounting. Its unbelievable how much profit you made on your id3 sales - its just like the stock market.

After I had placed my order for the Born I went to look at one (hadn't seen one very close up before). I really liked it compared to the id3. I can't see myself selling it and buying the id3 I have on order though that does have a heat pump (which apparently few people choose) and a bike hitch (tow bar). I understand that the Born can't have a tow bar or roof rack (cycling is overrated anyway :D)

The VW dealer did promise to refund my £500 deposit but I am tempted to keep the order open for a while.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

I actually tried the self Park last night. Theresa's a space on the street outside our house, with about a 6m gap between 2 cars. The car fund its way in easy enough and would've been perfect but for 1 small detail - the manoeuvre came to rest with my car only a foot behind the car in front and a 5footgap to the car behind - I hoped it might split the difference a bit more evenly. In either case, it's pretty much redundant for me. I can park it closer to the kerband quicker than the autopark can. My wife might make use of it, if she can trust it.

Cliffjp

Post by Cliffjp »

Interesting re the self parking. Am I correct in thinking that the tyres are big enough (ie not too low profile) that the wheels shouldn’t sustain damage due to kerbing?
Benjo88

Post by Benjo88 »

Shouldn’t mate, but like always… depends on the kerb i guess.
Cupra Born | V1 | Tech L Pack | Greyser Silver | Newcastle (North East|
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Cliffjp wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:08 am Interesting re the self parking. Am I correct in thinking that the tyres are big enough (ie not too low profile) that the wheels shouldn’t sustain damage due to kerbing?
Depends how tall the kerb is, and if the car ends up rubbing the kerb, but there's a decent lip on the 19" tyres.