My Born small improvement’s

All CUPRA Born related discussions
GerhardMayer

Post by GerhardMayer »

Betty W wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:08 pm I have the focal woofers so it has plenty of bass, in fact it shakes the car if crank up the volume.
I wonder if it’s something to do with Cupra fitting the more powerful speakers with the beats audio, not really noticed the EQ settings, will have a look tomorrow as my better half is out in the car tonight.
Hi Betty W, i also have the Focal set with separate Tweeter and it is definitly the electronic of the infotainment that cuts off the low frequencies. But why?

Where did you place the cables from backside of the woofer to the tweeter? How did you get from outside back to the space behind the door panels?

Sorry, can't answer your pm - need more postings first.

un_born

Post by un_born »

Betty W wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:52 pm All done, just got to work out the coding now

08C7C296-B6D5-4DD2-8AD4-38E2E9E09408.jpeg
Do you know if the front and rear speakers are the same size of fitment? If so, I'm looking to put the Focals into the front doors and using the removed OEM front speakers and fit them to the rear doors. As the sound from the back for me is rear fill only, I don't need decent speakers in there.
Betty b

Post by Betty b »

GerhardMayer wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:01 pm
Betty W wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:08 pm I have the focal woofers so it has plenty of bass, in fact it shakes the car if crank up the volume.
I wonder if it’s something to do with Cupra fitting the more powerful speakers with the beats audio, not really noticed the EQ settings, will have a look tomorrow as my better half is out in the car tonight.
Hi Betty W, i also have the Focal set with separate Tweeter and it is definitly the electronic of the infotainment that cuts off the low frequencies. But why?

Where did you place the cables from backside of the woofer to the tweeter? How did you get from outside back to the space behind the door panels?

Sorry, can't answer your pm - need more postings first.
You will need to code the HT in OBDeleven channels 1 & 4 if your fitting rear tweeters.
You can splice your tweeter wiring into added speaker wires or add them to factory connector with this

1CF4FB81-F7A7-460A-8813-7382F75B530F.jpeg

The focal tweeter wiring has plugs so you can run it down inside door panel, I wrapped them with foam tape, as your re fitting the panel you can just plug them in.

As for the coding I think the problem is the topology part, I think we have the wrong value for the born as I keep getting a random fault popping up when I scan to do with missing data, if I reverse the topology setting it removed the rear speakers but no faults, I think this is the bit we’re missing.
I’ll have a play around and see if I can find the correct value.

Have to think it’s coded two front speakers or the full beats audio.
Last edited by Betty b on Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-L | Vapour Grey
Betty b

Post by Betty b »

un_born wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:49 pm
Betty W wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:52 pm All done, just got to work out the coding now

Do you know if the front and rear speakers are the same size of fitment? If so, I'm looking to put the Focals into the front doors and using the removed OEM front speakers and fit them to the rear doors. As the sound from the back for me is rear fill only, I don't need decent speakers in there.
Yes front and rear door woofer speakers are same size.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Betty W wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:41 am

Presumably though, the front speakers will be riveted in and will need to be drilled out.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
un_born

Post by un_born »

monkeyhanger wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:49 am
Betty W wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:41 am

Presumably though, the front speakers will be riveted in and will need to be drilled out.
Yes, they are riveted. But this has been the case for years with VW.
JGriff

Post by JGriff »

There is a firm in Germany, Kufatec, that do additions including coding for all sorts of VAG products https://www.kufatec.com/en/seat/born/
One of their options is rear speakers kit, including a 'dongle' to supply the necessary coding changes. I'm not linked to them in any way, but I have successfully used some of their stuff on my previous Audi A1 sportback
un_born

Post by un_born »

Betty W wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:49 pm
Blackeunos wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:22 pm Are the speaker mounts the right way round?

It looks like the speakers angled down and away from the rear passengers.
No they are specific to the born and will only go one way as they have a lug at the top that you have to locate, they also have to line up with the door card.

D8E3272E-FEAA-451B-BD96-9999B0ABCECD.jpeg
I'm getting parts ready for mine, can you confirm the part is Focal IS VW 165?
https://www.focal.com/uk/car-audio-kits ... /is-vw-165
Betty b

Post by Betty b »

60BAF12F-AAF3-4AF2-9AF0-FB6D09811878.jpeg

Yes, this is what I purchased, perfect factory fit 👍
KEV1L

Post by KEV1L »

Are the remaining coding issues related to the rear tweeters or just rear speakers in general?

I’m ready to hit the big purchase button, but only if I can get it working cleanly. I’d rather forgo the tweeters (or use the ones with in built tweeters) if it means no errors
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-M | Aurora Blue