New settings notification

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
OThompson

Post by OThompson »

Hi all,

Is anyone else getting a notification that keeps popping up on the screen about new settings that are now available to be applied to the user?

Does anyone know what these new settings are? the window pops up probably every time i drive the car, possibly multiple times per drive (especially if i press cancel).

When i press OK it seems to alter a lot of my user settings such as what the air conditioning is set to. Bit annoying.

Thanks
Oliver Thompson

Betty b

Post by Betty b »

Apparently it’s Cupra’s new driver attention device to make sure your still awake!!!!!!!
So it needs to see you pressing the screen every few minutes, and to make sure your paying full attention it also resets all your settings to make you have to drive and fiddle with the screen once more 🤣
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-L | Vapour Grey
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Maybe its these changes that keep knocking my auto dip mirror in reverse settings off? I wonder!
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
OThompson

Post by OThompson »

Betty W wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:34 pm Apparently it’s Cupra’s new driver attention device to make sure your still awake!!!!!!!
So it needs to see you pressing the screen every few minutes, and to make sure your paying full attention it also resets all your settings to make you have to drive and fiddle with the screen once more 🤣
Is that how they do it?! :lol: Fiddling with my screen constantly sounds much safer than driving while tired 🤣
OThompson

Post by OThompson »

monkeyhanger wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:30 am Maybe its these changes that keep knocking my auto dip mirror in reverse settings off? I wonder!
It doesn't seem to change the settings for auto dipping the mirrors in my case (I would normally use the camera to help bay park but it's stopped working :( )

Honestly tempted to see if anything will change after a factory reset but i have my doubts.
alex1337

Post by alex1337 »

I have a recent Born build on software 3.1 and this kept popping up. Very annoying when using navigation. What is the fix to make it go away?
Born V2 Vapour Grey
preddall

Post by preddall »

I have this problem too - no idea waht the 'new settings' are, what cahnges when I hit 'OK' or why the heck it keeps happening.

Has anyone found out how to fix it?

Could it be linked to the something the rubbish app is doing?
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

I just wish they'd stop the car forgetting its mirror dip settings in reverse every week or so.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
OThompson

Post by OThompson »

alex1337 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:34 am I have a recent Born build on software 3.1 and this kept popping up. Very annoying when using navigation. What is the fix to make it go away?
Was hoping the new update would fix it :cry:

I haven't tried deleting and recreating my user profile so not sure if that would fix it?

Might give it a go when ive got a minute to redo all of the settings again (so that the car can forget it all over again :lol: )
Deleted User 456

Post by Deleted User 456 »

Yea. That app sucks. Totally given up with that! It literally has no idea what the car is doing from one moment to the next