Anyone managed to order yet?

All CUPRA Born related discussions
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Vet11 wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:54 pm Hi everyone, I ordered my born 31st March and it had a build week of 27th June. How long did people wait after the build week for being able to collect the car in the UK? My dealer hasn’t replied to my recent emails! Thanks
3 - 6 weeks.

A week to get to Emden port by rail from Zwickau,

1 - 3 weeks sat at Emden awaiting a spot on a ship

A day's crossing to either Tyne, Sheerness, or Hull (depending on where your dealer is based), a day or 2 clearing customs in the port, and then a 2 - 14 day wait for a transporter from port to dealership.

After that, maybe 3 - 6 days for the dealership to organise the PDI and all the registration/finance docs.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565

Vet11

Post by Vet11 »

Thanks, very helpful to know :)
RichT

Post by RichT »

Another data point - just heard that our vapor grey V2, ordered March 26th, has arrived in the UK.
First update from the dealer so quite a pleasant surprise (was originally quoted build week 40).
For reference the the only extras are the pan roof and heat pump.
58 kWh V2 in vapor grey with pan roof and heat pump
Streetbeef

Post by Streetbeef »

we finally have progress with ours now. we have a reg number :-) looking to pick the car up hopefully this weekend or next week once its had its PDI. feels like its been forever. ordered march 22nd. absolutely cannot wait!! :-) Aurora blue with tech m.
SPARTAN SAM H

Post by SPARTAN SAM H »

Has anyone else's Car got stuck at Emden Port?

Mine was built in early July and is apparently stuck at Emden waiting for a full ship. How long is a normal wait?

Only issue is the dealer originally told me when I called that it was in the country so I sold my existing car and now have no form of transportation.. I then chased them up again for a possible collection date and was told its not in the country and is stuck at the port.
V3 58kWh Auto E boost Aurora Blue with Heat Pump, Tech M pack, Beats Audio and 20" Firestorm Alloys (with DCC).
DarrylW

Post by DarrylW »

Ordered 30th May, had a phone call last week to say that I've got a build week of October 17th (not sure which week number this is) and that my car should hopefully be ready for collection by late November/early December!
Order Date: 30/05/2022
Est Delivery: November/December 2022

Cupra Born V3 58 kWh E-Boost | Vapor Grey | 20" Blizzard Wheels | Panoramic Sunroof | Tech-M | Beats Audio | Cargo Pack
gralegav

Post by gralegav »

Hello,
An unforeseen change in circumstances means that we have a Born V2 currently being PDI'd at SMC Woking, that we can no longer buy.

Spec is V2, Aurora Blue, pan roof, heat pump and dynamic pack, list price is 37,570 and I've paid a 500 deposit. It was ordered 31/3, just before the price increases, but the unhelpful Adam at SMC insists on putting the price up to £40k if the name changes on the order, which is annoying.

So I guess the point is, does someone want to buy it at the lower price, accepting that it will have us as the first owner, for like 3 days, meaning that could take delivery this weekend on a 72, or I just give up the order and at least you know it is in the UK and ready to go?

Either way, I'd really like my 500 back and I can't see unhelpful Adam being keen on that somehow. I've even tried to get it changed over to my nephew, who has the same surname, but they REALLY want to charge the higher price!

Do give me a shout if anyone is interested, this is all genuine and I can supply the original order documents etc
un_born

Post by un_born »

SPARTAN SAM H wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:56 pm Has anyone else's Car got stuck at Emden Port?

Mine was built in early July and is apparently stuck at Emden waiting for a full ship. How long is a normal wait?

Only issue is the dealer originally told me when I called that it was in the country so I sold my existing car and now have no form of transportation.. I then chased them up again for a possible collection date and was told its not in the country and is stuck at the port.
I got a call late May that my car had completed and was awaiting shipping and would take another 3-4weeks to get delivery. So 3 months, on the car is still missing in action. What is annoying is that my car is a 15xxx production number and current cars arriving are already at 19xxx.... The dealership have finally agreed that something is not right and allocated a different car for me that 'should' be here during late Sept.
Chimaera500

Post by Chimaera500 »

It’s been so long I’d forgotten about this forum! Thought I’d post an update. Ordered on salary sacrifice via Zenith early March. Original delivery estimate mid-Nov. At the end of Oct that got pushed to early Feb 23. My wife spoke to the supplying dealer yesterday and it’s showing wk4 build slot. So I guess early Feb delivery is out of the question!

Still it’s not as bad as my Q4 which I ordered early Jan - mid April estimated delivery at the moment… oh well, one day!
Jez

Post by Jez »

Chimaera500 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:25 am It’s been so long I’d forgotten about this forum! Thought I’d post an update. Ordered on salary sacrifice via Zenith early March. Original delivery estimate mid-Nov. At the end of Oct that got pushed to early Feb 23. My wife spoke to the supplying dealer yesterday and it’s showing wk4 build slot. So I guess early Feb delivery is out of the question!

Still it’s not as bad as my Q4 which I ordered early Jan - mid April estimated delivery at the moment… oh well, one day!
I've ordered through Zenith, but still yet to hear from the dealer. Do you recall which Cupra dealer?