Transport Blocks

All CUPRA Born related discussions
davmatjo

Post by davmatjo »

Collected my Born last week and surprise surprise, the dealership left the transport blocks in... However, this time they took them out on one side but not the other.

How do dealerships manage to mess this up so often?

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

I had that on my Golf R in 2015 - 3 "pac man" blocks in on each strut to stop the front end bouncing around on the ship, and they left a set in each side (claiming that it used to be 2 per side, and a third had been added without informing the dealerships) - were all yours in on 1 side?

I'd be asking them to take a look at the top mount bearings - they'll be smashed to hell if you've ran with it more than a few hours driving.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
davmatjo

Post by davmatjo »

They claimed that the last of the three didn't fall to the bottom or something and that's why they were missed. (Not sure if there was one on only one side or both).

They said they took the suspension off to check and there was no damage, not sure how much I believe them, but I guess the problem is recorded now as their fault so I'll make sure to call them out if there's any suspension issues later down the line.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

davmatjo wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:27 pm They claimed that the last of the three didn't fall to the bottom or something and that's why they were missed. (Not sure if there was one on only one side or both).

They said they took the suspension off to check and there was no damage, not sure how much I believe them, but I guess the problem is recorded now as their fault so I'll make sure to call them out if there's any suspension issues later down the line.
The dealer's definitely talking rubbish there - they're held reasonably tightly there - they'll be stuck up the top of the shock absorber shaft rather than sliding down when not being pushed up by compression of the shock absorber.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Lebo

Post by Lebo »

I have to book mine in now because they have left mine on. I have done 400 miles with them on.
Born2Ride

Post by Born2Ride »

davmatjo wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:30 pm Collected my Born last week and surprise surprise, the dealership left the transport blocks in... However, this time they took them out on one side but not the other.
Hopefully collecting mine this month. Which dealer did this? How easy is it to spot, I'm suspecting not that obvious given the technicians manage to leave them installed? Thanks :D
Lebo

Post by Lebo »

I got mine from Worcester Listers. You will know once you drive the car because the minute you go over a little bump the front end hardly moves and bangs.
Lebo

Post by Lebo »

Got the transportation blocks removed today by the dealer. The dealer hardly commented.

4CA1309C-E449-4698-B699-58361BA67B25.jpeg

B0F33CB0-8FDE-4E41-8D3B-C032A2BAA3BC.jpeg

Born2Ride

Post by Born2Ride »

That's a really poor effort from the stealers, they should have been falling over themselves to apologize and make good. 400 miles with them installed could have caused damage, I suggest you keep all evidence of what happened just in case. I take it the ride was notably different? Perhaps not, if just one left I guess that's quite a lot of travel before the block stops the spring compression?
Lebo

Post by Lebo »

I had 2 blocks on each side. The ride was horrendous but I wasn’t sure what it could of been until I put a post on here.