My Cupra app

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
davmatjo

Post by davmatjo »

I did get an update eventually and it did register finally.

The "something went wrong" error has disappeared now too.

Now the only problem left is the car having amnesia...

lordon

Post by lordon »

I just bought the car today, the range was normal, installed the app now I see this. What the hell is going on? Anyone else get this?

IMG_6760.PNG

Blackeunos

Post by Blackeunos »

lordon wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:00 pm I just bought the car today, the range was normal, installed the app now I see this. What the hell is going on? Anyone else get this?
An error with conversion of units I reckon.

Mines just been showing 150km range at 70%, and when I change the units to miles, it displays 94m.

I reckon the app is taking the cars range in miles, and displaying it as kilometres, then trying to convert it when the units are changed... if that makes sense?!?!
2016-2021 - Nissan Leaf Tekna 24
Sept 21-July 22 - VW ID.3 Life Pro Moonstone
July 22 - Cupra Born V1, Vapor grey, Tech Pack L, 19" Typhoon alloys
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

The range on my app is always far less than what shows in the car. Has been as much as 70 miles at 80%. I also run the Tronity app and it shows the same as the Cupra app so it's what the car is reporting when you check. It's annoying but as the battery percentage is always correct I use that to anticipate the range.
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
williefixit

Post by williefixit »

I reported the Estimated Range error in the My Cupra App to Cupra Digital Support 7 weeks ago and have since provided them with numerous photos and screenshots. This is what other users and I have noticed:-
1. The error is usually a factor of 1.61. (i.e. The car's figure is 1.61 x the App's figure. (which is the conversion for miles to km)
2. When the car synchronises with the Cupra server, the App figure agrees with the car's figure.
3. I've only noticed this for the last 2 evenings, but the App figure drops to the error figure at an unpredictable time. (last night it was between 10 and 11pm and tonight it was between 7 and 8pm. It was not the same time from when the car was locked up.
4. As others have said, the %age charge always agrees
itsmeGAV

Post by itsmeGAV »

So I collected my V2 yesterday and suffer with the app reporting miss information on miles remaining. Figured that if you just turn the A/C on then off it updates it.

Should be an easy fix imho.
June 2021 - Manganese Grey ID.3 Life Pro Performance - Andoyas - SOLD.
July 2022 - Aurora Blue V2 Born - Tech-L - loving it!
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

williefixit wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:20 pm I reported the Estimated Range error in the My Cupra App to Cupra Digital Support 7 weeks ago and have since provided them with numerous photos and screenshots. This is what other users and I have noticed:-
1. The error is usually a factor of 1.61. (i.e. The car's figure is 1.61 x the App's figure. (which is the conversion for miles to km)
2. When the car synchronises with the Cupra server, the App figure agrees with the car's figure.
3. I've only noticed this for the last 2 evenings, but the App figure drops to the error figure at an unpredictable time. (last night it was between 10 and 11pm and tonight it was between 7 and 8pm. It was not the same time from when the car was locked up.
I have seen that quoted before. To be clear. Are you saying that between the car, server and app a figure which is in miles in the car ends up being divided by 1.61 in the server SW as a kilometer figure and reported through the app therefore as a lower range figure?
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Daveion wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:49 pm
williefixit wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:20 pm I reported the Estimated Range error in the My Cupra App to Cupra Digital Support 7 weeks ago and have since provided them with numerous photos and screenshots. This is what other users and I have noticed:-
I have seen that quoted before. To be clear. Are you saying that between the car, server and app a figure which is in miles in the car ends up being divided by 1.61 in the server SW as a kilometer figure and reported through the app therefore as a lower range figure?
I was sceptical about this but the math seems bang on. I know if I divide the range in the car by 1.61 that is what I will see in the app.
SO WHATS THE FIX?
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
viking2010

Post by viking2010 »

Just checked the Cupra Store app from the car and the Connect app is now showing me the correct expiry date of 3 years from when I bought it. Previously, it only had one year on it. The My Cupra app however, still only shows one year against all but the private emergency call and breakdown calls, which both now show as activated and have a 10 year lifespan. Anyone else's app updated the valid until dates? I've also noticed that the error messages that kept coming up in the app have now stopped showing which is good.
UniqueUser1

Post by UniqueUser1 »

viking2010 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:40 am Just checked the Cupra Store app from the car and the Connect app is now showing me the correct expiry date of 3 years from when I bought it. Previously, it only had one year on it. The My Cupra app however, still only shows one year against all but the private emergency call and breakdown calls, which both now show as activated and have a 10 year lifespan. Anyone else's app updated the valid until dates? I've also noticed that the error messages that kept coming up in the app have now stopped showing which is good.
Identical experience to me! It’s good the emergency calling and breakdown is now showing as activated, definitely a step in the right direction.

I think the light control and lock/unlock will only work when the dealers can verify the identity. Last I heard at the start of this week was their system being down still.
Cupra Born V2 | Geyser Silver | Tech L Pack