Snag list

All CUPRA Born related discussions
JezzyJV

Post by JezzyJV »

Born_in_PT wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:43 pm
JezzyJV wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:10 pm
Its all very strange isn't it ? We should surely all have the same license length - mine is for 3 years to 2025 ! I use the "send location to car " facility without a problem too so that's definitely not a subscription thing ?! Does this work for others too ? I cant wait for all the functions to become available ...
This is really very strange... what a mess...

In my case, when I try to go to the maps to find a and send a location, it shows me an error message stating I don't have "Online Destination" and "Route Import" activated:
3.jpg

Then, I go to Service Management, and I don't have any services with that name to activate and every service that I have at my disposal are active:

4.png

Can you confirm if you have services with that name?
Im baffled to be honest !!
When I just went to the My Cupra app to check the information for you a very long list of services showed up which looked longer than normal , so I tried to take a screen shot to try and compare them with yours and keep a note of what's available . However as I scrolled down through them some disappeared, although Im not sure what they were ?? Now every time I go out of the app and back in , the list is in a different order each time - why ?? The first time there were 20 listed services although I cant list them them all for sure , the next time there were just 17 .
I also notice that when I look further into specific items , such as "breakdown call" & "private emergency call" the license for those runs until 2032 .
With regards to your problem the attached photo shows all that's available on my app ... I do hope we can all get a fully functioning app soon !

20220723_154211.jpg

Cupra Born V2 - vapour grey - tech pack L

Born_in_PT

Post by Born_in_PT »

Thanks @JezzyJV

I really don't know what to say more... what a mess...
CUPRA Born Aurora Blue 58kWh
SimonH

Post by SimonH »

Added issue re wireless charger which basically doesn't work.

I have an iPhone 12 and I seem to remember reading somewhere some twaddle from Cupra about the iPhone 12 charging points being in the wrong place, everything else works fine though!
Born_in_PT

Post by Born_in_PT »

SimonH wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:35 pm Added issue re wireless charger which basically doesn't work.

I have an iPhone 12 and I seem to remember reading somewhere some twaddle from Cupra about the iPhone 12 charging points being in the wrong place, everything else works fine though!
What you've read was only regarding iPhone 12?

I've tried iPhone 8, iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 13 and none of them worked perfectly... I had to move the phones around until I find a spot where they started charging. Then, with the bounces of the car, the phones moved and stopped charging...
mogyi

Post by mogyi »

My iPhone 11 also get really hot during charging, to the point it shuts down due to overheating. I actually started to use the cable because my phone was constantly "melting". Is there a way to turn the wireless charger off? I wanna keep my phone there while plugged in but if I do, I get a message on the Cupra screen that the phone is charging and two seconds later that it failed to charge and this in a loop. So annoying so I just wanna turn this off.
Born_in_PT

Post by Born_in_PT »

mogyi wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:56 am My iPhone 11 also get really hot during charging, to the point it shuts down due to overheating. I actually started to use the cable because my phone was constantly "melting". Is there a way to turn the wireless charger off? I wanna keep my phone there while plugged in but if I do, I get a message on the Cupra screen that the phone is charging and two seconds later that it failed to charge and this in a loop. So annoying so I just wanna turn this off.
I don't think that the wireless charger can be disabled. At least directly from the options available in the car.

On the owner's manual there are some warnings regarding the heating of the phone, the phone dimensions, use of protective cases, correcting its position, etc...

Regarding the charging trough USB instead of wireless Qi it only says that is specified by the manufacturer.
From what I remember there is no option on the iPhone to select the charging priority option.
Seems that in case of Qi charging available, the phone will automatically choose it.

1.PNG

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

I came across a few other foibles on this week's travel down to MK and back in a day (circa 480 miles round trip).

1. I had ACC slowdown because the car was showing a car in the inside, yes I was overtaking it. It should only induce slowdown if you're undertaking, not overtaking. I wonder whether it thought I was on the continent, supposed to driving on the right side of the road, not the left for a brief while.

The speed limit on the road flitted to 100mph (100 sign shown) for a stretch of about 10 miles, but luckily the ACC stayed at the 74mph I had set it to (presumably a brief mph/kmph confusion with the navigational system.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565