Hazy front window

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
Nacaduct

Post by Nacaduct »

Recently have had probs with the front window screen being hazy in the morning. Weather is good, but seems coming out of the garage into the cold Swedish morning weather wreaks havoc on the HVAC. It does seems whoever cleaned the window before delivery did a less than stellar job, but even pressing the “MAX” button doesn’t seem to help. Anybody experienced something similar?
Cupra Born since ‘22

alanjs

Post by alanjs »

On cold winter mornings in Scotland I used to get haze forming on the outside of the windscreen which cleared with a few swipes of the wipers. It surprised me that it was on the outside, but there you go.
If your haze is on the inside, give the inside of the glass a good clean with something like Invisible Glass spray. I bought a car window cleaning tool which is basically a triangular cloth-covered pad on a hinged stick that makes it easy to get into all the corners (check Amazon for "car glass cleaning stick"). That should stop the haze from forming.
Born V3, Aurora Blue, Tech (M) pack, Firestorm wheels, Pano roof
Ordered 21 June, 2022, delivered 17 Jan 2023
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Are you directing the airflow to the windscreen on the climate screen (upper central 2 vents highlighted blue) and making sure you have aircon on (to dry out the air flowing to the windscreen and stop the condensation (hazing).
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Born_in_PT

Post by Born_in_PT »

Nacaduct wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:25 pm Recently have had probs with the front window screen being hazy in the morning. Weather is good, but seems coming out of the garage into the cold Swedish morning weather wreaks havoc on the HVAC. It does seems whoever cleaned the window before delivery did a less than stellar job, but even pressing the “MAX” button doesn’t seem to help. Anybody experienced something similar?
Hi,
Mine does exactly the same thing, even with high temperatures and no big differences between the garage and the street.
Fix something just like what @alanjs advised and it improved a lot.
CUPRA Born Aurora Blue 58kWh
Nacaduct

Post by Nacaduct »

Cleaned the window as best I could and it seemed to improve things. Windshield still seems a bit weird, as if these is some sort of residue on it. For now, cleaning it myself seemed to do the trick.
Cupra Born since ‘22