V1 vs V2 Help me decide

All CUPRA Born related discussions
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

coaster88 wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:31 pm
monkeyhanger wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:04 am I love Quasar Grey on an ID3 - makes it look sleek and less bland. IMO though, I think it has the opposite effect on the Born. White, Silver and blue are the picks for me, and to a lesser extent, the flat grey,
I thought a bit more about what you said and you're right.

The Quasar Grey doesn't show the contrast with the black sections of the body as well as the other colours you mention. In doing so some of the design blends into the background.

If it had been an option I would have also lost the copper highlights on the interior too!

I know............. :o :shock:
I do think the Quasar Grey hides a lot of the Born's front and back end , turns the car into a bit of a silhouette. Manganese Grey (same colour) was my favourite ID3 colour, because IMO, the ID3 had too much black going on to contrast with the painted colour, and the Manganese grey cancelled a lot of it out. I'm glad the Born didn't go down the black roof direction. I didn't like the idea of the copper highlights (I much prefer chrome and gun metal to gold and copper) when i reserved a Born, but in the flesh, I don't mind them at all.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565

coaster88

Post by coaster88 »

They have a V1, Quasar Grey and blue, L Tech Pack in stock in Southampton that I could have picked up next week - I was very tempted but it's a bit of a trek from North Wales.

I've bitten the bullet and put an order in to Crewe, or rather filled in the finance forms and the order will go through once the finance is sorted.

Now I can forget about it till November. It's been taking up way too much time!!
"Bog Standard" in a nice bland colour will do! :D
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

coaster88 wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:07 pm They have a V1, Quasar Grey and blue, L Tech Pack in stock in Southampton that I could have picked up next week - I was very tempted but it's a bit of a trek from North Wales.

I've bitten the bullet and put an order in to Crewe, or rather filled in the finance forms and the order will go through once the finance is sorted.

Now I can forget about it till November. It's been taking up way too much time!!
North Wales to Southampton? Not too bad - I did Newcastle to Woking (275 miles). I'd pick up rather than wait until November (that'll be the dealers best case estimate - could be a lot later than that). If you have something to trade in, there's a risk that current high prices may weaken (unlikely over the course of 4 months), but the cost of the Born will stay the same.

coaster88

Post by coaster88 »

Slightly different situation for me the sooner I get the new car the more money it costs me!

Still have the old car that this will replace so it's ok by me if it takes a few months.

The only reason I'm looking now is because my original choice (ID3) was being quoted as 12-18 months.
coaster88

Post by coaster88 »

Side question on long distance journey's. I've been reading a lot about the reliability of charging stations. Turning up and finding them out of action. How have you found the situation?

I guess I've been a bit spoilt so far with the Tesla Superchargers.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

coaster88 wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:27 pm Side question on long distance journey's. I've been reading a lot about the reliability of charging stations. Turning up and finding them out of action. How have you found the situation?

I guess I've been a bit spoilt so far with the Tesla Superchargers.
Depends on the network you use. I don't use them much, but when I do, it's generally the Gridserve network present at all Moto services - Fast (125kW), relatively cheap (about 39p per kWh without having to subscribe) - but busy - you may end up queueing for one.

The BP network is a bit crap. I subscribed because I have an occasional commute to HQ in Milton Keynes (mainly working from home), and there's loads of BP chargers there - unfortunately they mainly seem to be present in £2 per hour parking spots (I get free parking at work), which makes them very expensive. I need to cancel my subscription!

coaster88

Post by coaster88 »

Thanks
coaster88

Post by coaster88 »

Thanks everyone for the help in deciding.

Cupra Born V1 58kwh Quasar Grey ordered.

Est Handover 22/12/2022 - (please don't tell me how many months that was out by on your order - I just don't want to know) :cry: ! Hopefully I might have it in the new year.... Still a huge improvement over the ID3 lead times, plus it's a better car, and cheaper.

Have to try and forget about it now. Patience is a virtue I missed out on (he says tapping fingers on table..... for 6 months....... :x ). On the plus side it gives them 5 or 6 months to sort all the software/app issues out ;-).
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

They've had 18 months to sort them out on the ID3 and here we still are! :lol:

Forsomeone without patience, you've been quite restrained in not jumping on a car that's already been built.

coaster88

Post by coaster88 »

My restraint is only because my current car still has 15 months left on the lease. It's a business lease so no cheap get out clause. The earlier I get the new car before that 15 months the more it will cost me!

I was so tempted to get the car from Snows Southampton (Could have picked it up next week :idea: wonder if it's still available? :twisted: Nooooooooo!!!!!!! Stop it!) but it was just too much mission creep. Started off just trying to find an alternative to the ID3 for when my old lease is up. But once you start looking you just want it now.

I can wait! I think...........