Tale of Two Apps - SEAT and Cupra

All CUPRA Born related discussions
SilverCupra

Post by SilverCupra »

Hi All,

Been following the many forums on here about the Cupra App and how difficult it is to connect and how bad it is..
My experience was that it took 2 days to get it to connect, and 3 weeks later it is still saying "Something went wrong", features "Unavailable" and gives incorrect data.

My wife has 2022 SEAT Ibiza, so today I thought I would have a look at the app on that, as we hadn't set it up yet.

Well, what can I say, very easy to set up and works a treat, took all of 2 mins to enter VIN and scan PR code, using exactly the same procedure as that of my Cupra..

The information on the SEAT app is reliable and updates quickly, not at all like the Cupra app, see the screenshots below..

So, considering they are effectively the same manufacturer, and probably use the same same software house, how is the Cupra app so bad in comparison ?

Screenshot_20220724-182540.jpg

Screenshot_20220724-182645.jpg

Cupra Born V2 | Tech-L | Geysor Silver

JezzyJV

Post by JezzyJV »

I know its so frustrating , mine is exactly the same as your screenshots too - yet YouTube videos from Cupra show the app as being in full colour and fully functioning , wheras our is so minimal lol ! Hopefully it will come soon ?? Does anyone with an iPhone have a better looking app - you know , with all the pretty colours and illustrations that it should have (take a look at the Cupra website ) - mine is android so wondering if apple is any better ?
my e- golf used the VW connect app and that was great but just my luck- got an update as i was ready for the Born that made it so much better - hope we don't have to wait too long with Cupra .
Cupra Born V2 - vapour grey - tech pack L
Born_in_PT

Post by Born_in_PT »

JezzyJV wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:00 am I know its so frustrating , mine is exactly the same as your screenshots too - yet YouTube videos from Cupra show the app as being in full colour and fully functioning , wheras our is so minimal lol ! Hopefully it will come soon ?? Does anyone with an iPhone have a better looking app - you know , with all the pretty colours and illustrations that it should have (take a look at the Cupra website ) - mine is android so wondering if apple is any better ?
my e- golf used the VW connect app and that was great but just my luck- got an update as i was ready for the Born that made it so much better - hope we don't have to wait too long with Cupra .
Hi

I'm using iPhone and the looks is exactly the same, and the problems too :D
CUPRA Born Aurora Blue 58kWh