Driving modes - keeping them set

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Scruts20

Post by Scruts20 »

Hi,

Every time we switch the car ignition on, it reverts back to the default driving mode, how do we force the car to remember the last driving mode ? It’s so annoying, I need it to stay on ‘range” driving mode.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
CUPRA Born V3, e-boost, 77kw, tech pack L, white

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

It's not a Born thing, It's a VAG thing - has happened on every VW or Audi i've had since 2013.

The driving mode choice reverts to a certain one, or if it doesn't, the responses within the selected mode revert to a default e.g. on my old Golf R, I used to leave it in "Race", and it would still be in Race for next ignition cycle, but the throttle response was as per "normal" mode unless I cycled out of it and back into it. Probably some EU directive on fuel saving making it default to a certain value. For my E-Boost with the satellite mode buttons on the steering wheel, it's not really a bother for me. If I can get my OBD11 working again, i'll have a poke around for retaining driving mode profiles beyond a single ignition cycle.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Nacaduct

Post by Nacaduct »

It’s not a VAG thing at all - my old ‘19 Seat Ibiza kept driving modes as set.

I believe driving modes kan be kept with an OBD11 setting?
Cupra Born since ‘22
Nunobbrandao

Post by Nunobbrandao »

Same problem. I want to keep the energy mode set as default, but cannot do it
MikeyB

Post by MikeyB »

Me too. Why not allow you to choose 'Range' as the default?
mluisbrown

Post by mluisbrown »

Why not allow you to choose 'Range' as the default?
Explained here: viewtopic.php?p=4057#p4057
Re. drive modes: Comfort is the default because of vehicle homologation, aka Conformity of Production for those in the UK: https://www.vehicle-certification-agenc ... roduction/

Sticking to homologation defaults is a strict affair in the EU. Sure you could argue that setting it to Range looks better in terms of increased WLTP - but then you no longer have a vehicle that delivers as much power as per the homologation specs.
That said, it is quite annoying.
2023 Born 58kWh, Glacial White, 19" Typhoon Copper, Skyline, Blue Dinamica electric seats, Cargo, Privacy, Pilot M+, Tech M
2003 Audi A3 8L 1.9TDi PD 130 with 360,000kms.