Disabling Main Beam Assist

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
daern

Post by daern »

Hopefully an easy one:

Lights on auto, main beam assist enabled by pushing the indicator stalk away (so icon + "A" shown on the dash) and it's happily managing the main beam lights for me. I now drive into a built-up area, so want to disable it to stop it accidentally turning them on, but there doesn't seem any obvious way to do so... the manual says that the only way to do so is to disable "auto lights" or cycle the ignition, neither of which feel correct...

Any thoughts?

SimonH

Post by SimonH »

Just pull the stalk back? Am I missing something...not tried them yet!
daern

Post by daern »

SimonH wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:09 pm Just pull the stalk back? Am I missing something...not tried them yet!
Exactly my thought when playing last night, but no - pulling the stalk back flashes the main beam and pushing it forward overrides the auto and turns the main beam on and off as it would in any car, but in this case "off" is still "auto".
Born_in_PT

Post by Born_in_PT »

Hi,

The salesman explained that to me when I've picked up the car but I can't remember it very well... it was some kind of combination with auto function and the levers, and I think it had something to do with turning the ignition off/on (I think you must do it when not driving).

I think it was something like this, try it:

- car stopped
- ignition on (current state, with High Beam Assist ON)
- switch off AUTO Lights
- pull the High Beam lever backwards
- turn off the ignition

- turn on the ignition
- enable AUTO Lights

The High Beam Assist should now be OFF but with AUTO Lights ON again.

To enable it again, it should be a similar process but pushing the lever forward.
CUPRA Born Aurora Blue 58kWh