Snag list

All CUPRA Born related discussions
SimonH

Post by SimonH »

I thought I'd post the issues I've found so far with the car.

Perhaps others can contribute other issues, and we can update with solutions as and when they are found. I think there are some solutions already just I either haven't found them or found time to do them. Anyway, here goes...

- App - Door lock status unavailable
- App - Doors and lights unavailable
- App Miles left sometimes differs from car
- App Trying to activate aircon gets a message along the lines of: car is in sleep mode - this may take some time

- Private emergency call and Breakdown deactivated
- B mode doesn’t stop car (but otherwise I really like it!)
- Asks to confirm user each time you get in the car, user should be linked to key
- If I leave car with radio on, often, but not always, once phone is connected will start playing Spotify
- A couple of times no confirm user message for a while, and basically nothing other than bits at the top of the infotainment worked e.g. aircon, even after a few reboots. Eventually the message appears and it all starts working.
- I set a routine to charge car overnight, but stupidly failed to lock car so not charged in the morning. Couldn’t get it to charge even after locking car, unplugging and replugging etc etc. Deleted routine and started again and ok.
- An odd one, during one of the no user confirm drives, I used voice to set a destination which worked to the extent that I had directions in the HUD, but when it all came back to life the Nav itself didn’t display the route
- If I use Waze to navigate from Apple play no HUD directions, not sure if that should work but I am under the impression it does from Android .
- Wireless charger rarely works

Love the car overall and expected there to be software issues as an early adopter!

ETA wireless charger issue
Last edited by SimonH on Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Daveion

Post by Daveion »

SimonH wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:27 pm I thought I'd post the issues I've found so far with the car.

Perhaps others can contribute other issues, and we can update with solutions as and when they are found. I think there are some solutions already just I either haven't found them or found time to do them. Anyway, here goes...

- App Trying to activate aircon gets a message along the lines of: car is in sleep mode - this may take some time

- Asks to confirm user each time you get in the car, user should be linked to key
- If I leave car with radio on, often, but not always, once phone is connected will start playing Spotify
- A couple of times no confirm user message for a while, and basically nothing other than bits at the top of the infotainment worked e.g. aircon, even after a few reboots. Eventually the message appears and it all starts working.
- I set a routine to charge car overnight, but stupidly failed to lock car so not charged in the morning. Couldn’t get it to charge even after locking car, unplugging and replugging etc etc. Deleted routine and started again and ok.
- An odd one, during one of the no user confirm drives, I used voice to set a destination which worked to the extent that I had directions in the HUD, but when it all came back to life the Nav itself didn’t display the route
- If I use Waze to navigate from Apple play no HUD directions, not sure if that should work but I am under the impression it does from Android .

Love the car overall and expected there to be software issues as an early adopter!
The app comments seem universal. Latest response from Cupra Digital via the dealer is to follow the YouTube gen4 connect video and all those App functions get activated. I think for me that will involve deleting the app and starting again from scratch when I get back from vacation.
My screen always asks me to confirm it's ME when I get in. Doesn't bother me.
B is not intended to bring you to a hault. It slows you to 3mph. ID3 was the same.
I can't comment on other points having not tried.
My scheduled charging works fine via my PodPoint Solo and don't intend to use the scheduling in the car menu.
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
MLB_Born

Post by MLB_Born »

There is a setting in Android Auto to stop auto play when it connects to the car. The setting is on your phone. Google it, you will find it. That stops an auto play if you were playing music via Spotify or the music on your phone from a previous session in the car.
Born_in_PT

Post by Born_in_PT »

SimonH wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:27 pm I thought I'd post the issues I've found so far with the car.

The app really sucks and is useless for almost anything...
I practically only use it for remote air conditioning and I also get that message you mentioned. It is very slow to communicate with the car even though I am sure there is good mobile network (internet) coverage.

Regarding B mode, I agree with what Daveion said.

Regarding the charging routines, mine also fails a lot, and I don't even leave it unlocked...

The best thing is to use a smart charger that you can program and not configure anything on the car.

The other symptoms you indicate, mine never did it.

What annoys me a bit is for example not being able to see the percentage of battery remaining anywhere other than in the e-manager, and also not being able to see the car's mileage without being in that specific menu.
This information should appear on the dashboard.
CUPRA Born Aurora Blue 58kWh
Born_in_PT

Post by Born_in_PT »

This is where we can see that these cars, not only Cupra but the entire VW group and others, were launched in a hurry and are chasing other electric vehicles that are already much more mature.

It's completely ridiculous that cars released half a dozen months ago have different hardware and software, different bugs, a useless app, etc, etc.
They should all be the same, for better or for worse.

I don't regret having bought it because I like the car and the "problems" it has don't affect my life but I hope they resolve these issues soon.
KEV1L

Post by KEV1L »

What annoys me a bit is for example not being able to see the percentage of battery remaining anywhere other than in the e-manager, and also not being able to see the car's mileage without being in that specific menu.
It does?

6E625CCE-E6D6-45D7-920D-4EE2A13C279D.jpeg

Cupra Born V2 | Tech-M | Aurora Blue
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

KEV1L wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:22 am
It does?

I think they're running an older software version that doesn't. V2.3 on the ID3 didn't have the battery % upfront either.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Born_in_PT

Post by Born_in_PT »

KEV1L wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:22 am
It does?

Mine doesn't show that percentage in there.
I'm sure it's because of the old software like @monkeyhanger said.

And in your version you don't see the odometer of the car either.
SimonH

Post by SimonH »

Regarding B mode, I realise it is designed not to stop the car, I just think it should! (I've seen it picked up in reviews so not just me...).
Nacaduct

Post by Nacaduct »

SimonH wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:43 pm Regarding B mode, I realise it is designed not to stop the car, I just think it should! (I've seen it picked up in reviews so not just me...).
I love B mode, but would also appreciate it being a bit stronger. Perhaps we can hope for a setting in a future update?
Cupra Born since ‘22