Born Built Wrong

All CUPRA Born related discussions
chloelj

Post by chloelj »

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone else is in the same position as me.

I was due to get my Born by the end of June however have now been told that it was built wrong and the tech pack hasn’t been put it. So I now have to reorder it and wait until Oct/Nov :(

I’ve complained and not really got anywhere so hoping I can find someone in the same boat to get advice from?

Thanks!

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

chloelj wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:50 pm Hello,

Just wondering if anyone else is in the same position as me.

I was due to get my Born by the end of June however have now been told that it was built wrong and the tech pack hasn’t been put it. So I now have to reorder it and wait until Oct/Nov :(

I’ve complained and not really got anywhere so hoping I can find someone in the same boat to get advice from?

Thanks!
Unfortunately, in the current climate of demand massively exceeding supply,thedeslerships feel very little commitment to customer satisfaction. Chances are, the dealership cocked up your order and are blaming Cupra.

If I were you, I'd be checking out Autotrader for new Borns and phoning the big dealership groups (Lookers, Listers, JCT600 etc) to see if they have any suitable stock now or imminently due. One branch should be able to search their while group. You might need to travel to get what you want quickly, but it's a small price to pay!.

Most of the launch stock cars seem to have been built with the Tech-L pack.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
WelshCupraB

Post by WelshCupraB »

Most dealers were allocated a set number of cars. Most ordered V1 and V2 in different colours but with the bigger Tech Pack . My dealer said that was the most requested setup / option. It could also be that the VW factory only had that Tech Pack in stock. I wanted a base V2 with the lesser Tech Pack and Bose sound but was told I wouldn't see it before next year and that was at the end of June this year. My local dealer sold 3 of his stock to a Scottish dealer as in Scotland you get a £30k interest free loan if you buy an EV.