App Lock/Unlock - Update

All CUPRA Born related discussions
UniqueUser1

Post by UniqueUser1 »

Hi everyone,

I wanted to provide a quick update on the app lock/unlock functionality as I’ve heard something interesting back from cupra digital support.

They said for security reasons this has to be activated by the dealership for security reasons. I’m going to give the dealership service department a call in the morning so will update how the conversation goes.

Hope this helps anyone who was also wondering about this.
Cupra Born V2 | Geyser Silver | Tech L Pack

Daveion

Post by Daveion »

UniqueUser1 wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:45 am Hi everyone,

I wanted to provide a quick update on the app lock/unlock functionality as I’ve heard something interesting back from cupra digital support.

They said for security reasons this has to be activated by the dealership for security reasons. I’m going to give the dealership service department a call in the morning so will update how the conversation goes.

Hope this helps anyone who was also wondering about this.
It does. I hope you have better fortune with your dealership than I have. It maybe the same system dealerships use for app licence activation in conjunction with driving licence details.
Hope you get somewhere with it.
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
hoo29

Post by hoo29 »

Considering the quality of the rest of the app, seems very believable the remote lock/unlock was done in an insecure way. Look forward to any updates!
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-L | Vapour Grey
Betty b

Post by Betty b »

That’s sounds promising 👍
UniqueUser1

Post by UniqueUser1 »

Quick update; nothing from the dealership yet. Seems like their system is still down and unable to register? Has anyone else had any luck?
Cupra Born V2 | Geyser Silver | Tech L Pack
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Are some people getting anything from the app now? I used to be able to remotely check battery/range status and set up the airvon to cool the car down on a walk back to it, with the ID3 app. Can't do anything currently, just getting a slight slowdown of MMI initial load up now I have my credentials added.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

I had an email from our dealer this morning with a cupra YouTube video on how to run the GEN4 My Cupra app. They were advised by Cupra digital that it will unlock a lot more features in the app.
I have my doubts and would think I would have to Uninstall and reinstall and follow the video step by step again. It may be I connected under an earlier level although only 3 weeks ago.
I'm sure all here has already seen the video but will try to add a link in a moment. I'm not going to try until I get back from vacation. No extra agro risks.

The link won't upload?? Says has been removed by the uploader????

Screenshot_20220715-193746_YouTube.jpg

Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
dav0001

Post by dav0001 »

Is the app down at the moment? I have no information at all
Betty b

Post by Betty b »

Phew….. thought it was just me, been sat in car for over an hour trying fix it 🙈

Had loads of update pop ups today and it’s forgotten everything, though it was related to this.

Have to say this is starting to get very frustrating Now !!!!!
daern

Post by daern »

Working fine here for me with no errors on the API (apart from the known mileage defect). Receiving updates from the vehicle too, although I've not tried to interact (e.g. turn on heating)