Anyone managed to order yet?

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Liamy321

Post by Liamy321 »

Out of interest, do you happen to know how long yours spent waiting for a boat at Emden and then to get to the dealer? Mine's been in Emden a week or so, so far, and I'm getting impatient lol. Current car is due an MOT mid July and trying to get away with not needing to do it if I can.
Get £50 account credit when you switch to Octopus energy using this link! https://share.octopus.energy/dawn-puma-140

Get £15 account credit in the Bonnet app with my code R347RK!

Cupra Born V2 58Kwh 204 PS | Aroura Blue | Skyline Pack | Tech (M) Pack

KEV1L

Post by KEV1L »

Liamy321 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:44 am Out of interest, do you happen to know how long yours spent waiting for a boat at Emden and then to get to the dealer? Mine's been in Emden a week or so, so far, and I'm getting impatient lol. Current car is due an MOT mid July and trying to get away with not needing to do it if I can.
Mine left the factory 18th May, and was ready for me to collect 24th June... So 5-6 weeks?

Get it on motorway.co.uk, I got £1k more that the trade in, and was really easy.
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-M | Aurora Blue
Liamy321

Post by Liamy321 »

Thanks KEV1L.

Mine left the factory 9th of June so cutting it close!

Already on it with motorway, just need to clean the fiesta and post some photo's up. Although the preemptive quote seems to be a fair whack lower than what the dealer quoted back in march. Book value seems to have stayed the same, so might be better off through the dealer by the looks of things! Still worth getting the estimates though.
Get £50 account credit when you switch to Octopus energy using this link! https://share.octopus.energy/dawn-puma-140

davmatjo

Post by davmatjo »

Someone posted in the ID.3 forums that there was a boat loading last night due into Grimsby this morning... Fingers crossed both our cars are on that one!
KEV1L

Post by KEV1L »

Liamy321 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:13 am Thanks KEV1L.

Already on it with motorway, just need to clean the fiesta and post some photo's up. Although the preemptive quote seems to be a fair whack lower than what the dealer quoted back in march. Book value seems to have stayed the same, so might be better off through the dealer by the looks of things! Still worth getting the estimates though.
My dealer offer went down £2k from end March to End June, I'd double check with them if I were you.
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-M | Aurora Blue
Liamy321

Post by Liamy321 »

davmatjo wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:23 am Someone posted in the ID.3 forums that there was a boat loading last night due into Grimsby this morning... Fingers crossed both our cars are on that one!

I can only hope for us both! Although being in the south I'd wonder why mine's headed to Grimsby and not Sheerness!

KEV1L wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:28 am
Liamy321 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:13 am Thanks KEV1L.

My dealer offer went down £2k from end March to End June, I'd double check with them if I were you.

Ouch! My dealer reckoned they'd be able to keep the same equity I have even if the prices go down so I'll just kindly remind them of that and have the Motorway quote on hand to bargain with (or try at least).

Liamy321

Post by Liamy321 »

Apologies for the double post but I've just been informed that my Born is on a ship and should be in the UK today! Collection within the next 14 days.

davmatjo

Post by davmatjo »

Liamy321 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:09 am Apologies for the double post but I've just been informed that my Born is on a ship and should be in the UK today! Collection within the next 14 days.
Same here, not too long now fingers crossed!
pws7482

Post by pws7482 »

Hey out of interest has anyone made a factory order and then cancelled for dealer stock? I’ve had my order in place for 10 weeks now with no sign of a build date or delivery. Just seen my dealer has a v2 in stock for immediate delivery and wondering if I’d be able to cancel my order for this instead. Just wondering if anyone else has done this.
Cupra Born Geyser Silver
V2 58kw Tech Pack L
Collection date 18/07/22
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

pws7482 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:43 pm Hey out of interest has anyone made a factory order and then cancelled for dealer stock? I’ve had my order in place for 10 weeks now with no sign of a build date or delivery. Just seen my dealer has a v2 in stock for immediate delivery and wondering if I’d be able to cancel my order for this instead. Just wondering if anyone else has done this.
If its the same dealer they should do that if you ask. If the build week isn't confirmed, they can cancel your order at no cost, although they'd probably keep it going anyway for stock later down the line .

The stock car may have an option ir 2 you wouldn't put on your own order, if it does, usually have to pay for it - many of thr recent stock cars have had L-Tech pack specced, and to a lesserextent, M-Tech pack.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565