Heated windscreen?

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Pugboy

Post by Pugboy »

Hi
I have a Born on order. A workmate told me his ID.5 has a heated windscreen. That got me thinking does the Born?
I can see on the pictures of the dashboard that by the light switches there is a front and rear screen switch so I'm hoping that might mean there is.
I've tried Google and couldn't find mention of one, but it looks like the ID.3 can come with them.
Born V2 58 E-Boost
1989 Fiat Ducato Motorhome
2012 Fiesta Econetic Titanium

Colin1517

Post by Colin1517 »

Picked this from the online user manual, mentions heated rear window but not front. The front says delist/defrost function that sounds like blown hot air. I’ll check mine when I get 5 minutes, never thought to check.

IMG_8146.jpeg

Might be wrong though, just read a bit further on and found this.

IMG_8147.jpeg

daern

Post by daern »

No, the Born does not have a (filament) heated windscreen.

In reality, we've found that it's not really needed as you can stick the cabin pre-heater on remotely and even 10 minutes before travelling will leave the car fully defrosted and ready to go.
davmatjo

Post by davmatjo »

daern wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 12:45 pm No, the Born does not have a (filament) heated windscreen.

In reality, we've found that it's not really needed as you can stick the cabin pre-heater on remotely and even 10 minutes before travelling will leave the car fully defrosted and ready to go.
Second this, in reality the car heats up far more quickly than an ICE car because it immediately dumps a few kW into the heater. If you preheat it will be warm by the time you get into it.
Pugboy

Post by Pugboy »

Thanks guys. Slightly disappointing, but I know what you mean chances are first thing in a morning you will be preheating the car anyway.
Born V2 58 E-Boost
1989 Fiat Ducato Motorhome
2012 Fiesta Econetic Titanium