No jack with the Born as standard?

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Graham B

Post by Graham B »

I have had my car a few months now but have only just discovered that there is no jack present!
Has my car just missed out on this standard fitting in all cars or is this another money saving step from CUPRA?

I have just noticed this is a standard item in the CUPRA Accessories list for a bargain £37!!! but wondered mine should have had this from new - unless it is hidden away and I just could not find it? Did not have a wheel nut wrench either, which got me worried it’s not a standard fit?
CUPRA Born V2 Quasar Grey May 2022 L-Tech Pack

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

No point in having a jack if you don't have a spare wheel to swap out.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Graham B

Post by Graham B »

Well that repair fluid is all but useless, so popping off a wheel to nip down to your favourite low priced tyre shop (for a repair or replacement) is much better than waiting for an expensive call out with high priced tyres (even if you have to make two trips to replace both tyres on the same axle). There are also times when you want to check the discs/steering etc and I’m sure we’ll all be cursing those rear drums as the miles and years build up (could they really not afford discs on the rear?).

Like others on this site I’m also considering a spare wheel - given our road’s current pot holes as many EV cars seems very susceptible to punctures/buckles etc.
MikeyB

Post by MikeyB »

I recently had a flat tyre courtesy of a pot hole. The tyre totally deflated almost instantly, and wouldn't pump back up again because the rim seal had been compromised. I eventually got it to inflate by jacking the car up and taking the weight off. So I would hate to be without a jack!
Elea4

Post by Elea4 »

The factory jack was listed as included in my sales brochure - but afaik nobody actually received one :roll: And that's regardless of not having ordered run-flat tires.

I ended up buying a 2nd-hand hydraulic jack on wheels with a big rubber mounting cylinder so I can regularly swap summer/winter tires.

VW's jack mounting points are very strange things - they're coated in paint and some kind of sealant and the whole thing crumbles somewhat when using a any kind of jack. I've read that "it's meant to do that" and that it should be OK but I didn't want to take a chance so I bought a can of wax-based undercoating spray to coat it afterwards.

Frankly, I'd hate to see what would happen if I used the flimsy factory jack on more than one occasion.
Betty b

Post by Betty b »

I bought Spare wheel kit

viewtopic.php?t=230&start=130
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-L | Vapour Grey
Graham B

Post by Graham B »

Looks good £149.99 for space saver spare, extra £20 including jace, brace etc. Sold!
Cliffjp

Post by Cliffjp »

I wouldn’t mind one but it doesn’t look easy to integrate it into the boot.
CupraV3

Post by CupraV3 »

I asked this question at my Cupra dealer and they advised that its not included as the car is installed with run flat tyres.
Cupra Born | V3 | Aurora Blue | e-Boost | 20" 'Blizzard' Wheels | Panoramic Roof | Easee One Charging Robot
Elea4

Post by Elea4 »

CupraV3 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:36 pm I asked this question at my Cupra dealer and they advised that its not included as the car is installed with run flat tyres.
Yeah, but what I'm saying is that even if you don't have run-flat tires you still don't get a jack.

A tire iron is also listed as part of the tool kit (PY1/PY3) but nobody has reported receiving one.