Things I am working on.

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Deleted User 456

Post by Deleted User 456 »

As discussed in a different thread, I am working on a replacement PCB to convert the factory steering wheel buttons to tactile press (same factory actual buttons), rather than the retarded touch buttons.
That is quite involved, so I will keep pressing on with that

I am all designing a mini 'breakout' fusebox to go in the engine bay (engine bay lol).
It sits on some elevated 3d printed PETG supports just in front of the battery, using two factory bolts that are there already.

It's a black quality plastic IP rated box, with a fused input, and an internal optically isolated relay to provide an ignition switched side.
This will give something like 6x fused permanently live, and 6x fused ignition fuses that are totally independent of the cars system. Have not decided yet how many fuses it will have.

When I tinker around with cars (as I always do), I like to keep my wiring entirely independent of the cars stuff if I can.

I plan to add some extra RGB lights that colour track the interior ones. You could attempt to breakout of the cars factory RGB led feed, but I don't like messing with the factory stuff too much.

I wire RGB LEDS A LOT for a job and they can be temperamental beasts with different timings and protocols. I plan to pull out the small factory RGB led in the centre console and plug it into my designed adapter box which contains a simple optical colour sensor that deduces the colour I need. Then I can add as many LEDS as I wish (off my new fuseboard) without any factory wire cutting. First will be to add a few more to the centre console.
If anyone is interested, I could make extras of this module.

I have already added a LED light to the glovebox (cheapskates). Uses a simple tilt switch to operate.

I might lower the tone ENTIRELY and go all Fast and Furious and have RGBS all the way along underneath, linked to the internal LEDS. It would be ONLY FOR OCCASIONAL FUN, but how cool when I hit CUPRA MODE.
Or maybe I won't.

Better front fogs/spots. Not found any yet, but looking for some super small, sexy projector lights to hide somewhere on the front. The headlights suck. But, I want these flush and barely obvious, not stuck on like Halfords eyeballs.

Still tinkering with AAAD and various third party apps to get a successful way of adding my personal apps onto the infotainment screen via my Samsung S22. I don't want to Jailbreak my phone to do it.

Already added my tracker to the car. Only live on the ignition, as it eats the battery, but that is plenty good enough to find the car and it recharges for an hour so you can still 'ping' it a hour after it's parked (assuming it's not now in a lead box).

And the best... is the auxiliary sound system... whoo.
Pictured being developed on a breadboard here (and a screenshot of the associated app), you can select an engine sound, a startup sound, a shutdown sound, and 6x special effects.
Using the gyro in my phone, and the GPS data, it will generate an engine sound with the pitch associated with the speed. There are 10x sound profiles to pick from.

I have only developed 4 sound packs so far... a Tie fighter, Kylo-Rens tie-fighter, The Enterprise, and the Martian tripod sounds from Tom Cruises WOTW (That does sound good).

I particularly like the epic startup sounds.
All will project from a pair of external 300W speakers in the engine bay.

Currently set as Kylo-Rens Tiefighter. Sounds EPIC in testing down the M4 :lol: :roll: Its LOUD dude.

All for fun and not for everyday, but why the hell not.

Oh, and just put up my illuminated laser cut CUPRA sign over my Zappi :D

But... it's all just harmless fun that will barely get used.

Screenshot_20221221_102316.jpg

Screenshot_20221221_102306.jpg

20221001_215005.jpg

20221001_214957.jpg

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

That's some handy stuff - you can do all that and not fix the foibles on the car itself?

I did notice that the Cupra logo on your sign is upside down.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

🤣
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
Deleted User 456

monkeyhanger wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:12 am That's some handy stuff - you can do all that and not fix the foibles on the car itself?

I did notice that the Cupra logo on your sign is upside down.

Yea... don't want to invalidate the warranty...... just yet

The logo is correct now. 15 Minutes after fitting it, I noticed. The laser cuts a new one in literally 45 seconds.
Deleted User 456

Well until SEAT sort out the basic issues, I'll put these projects on hold