Anyone bought a in stock/in production Born since it has been direct sales only ?

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Savage

Post by Savage »

For those that don't understand this is what I mean: https://www.cupraofficial.co.uk/about-c ... NC4wLjAuMA..

Because that's how it was when I ordered mine.
I understand the concept, I buy the car from Cupra, The dealer buys my part ex as a seperate entity.
It was physically at the dealer, so I thought I'll have it within the week. Nope.
Apparently mine is awaiting Cupra's approval of all the paperwork ?
Either that, or I am being fobbed off. A call to Cupra Customer services didn't reveal much, seems they don't know how this works either :?
Cupra Born V2 58KWh AFV 230 Auto E-Boost with Tech Pack L in Geyser Silver.

Daveion

Post by Daveion »

I think a lot of new cars are going this way following the TESLA sales model. I believe Ford will be introducing this for all models in 2023.
A lot of dealers will be reducing their sales staff as a result.
Jury is out for me as to whether it will make any difference to getting a good deal. Will there still be dealer stock or showroom example cars only?
Not sure how it will pan out.
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

While demand exceeds supply, bargains will be minimal. I do think we're heading towards a lull in private ownership as the ridiculous current electricity costs put a lot of people off.

The very favourable company car terms (2% BiK) will keep up EV popularity up on that end. My youngest's best friend's parents haven't got 2 pennies to rub together, but the dad has a £57k Tesla company car - that will always appeal to many people, to have a car like that for coppers out of your pay packet.

Something's got to give for the majority though, with these crazy RRPs, otherwise the depreciation is going to be beyond what people are willing to bear. Either discounts need to come back, or depreciation has to stay low. Prior to getting a ridiculous resale value on our 2 ID3s, I was used to buying a £32k RRP car for £28k and selling it for about £20k at 3 years old. I'm not keen on blowing more than £300pm on a car I've bought outright.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Savage

Post by Savage »

Its not the way I would like it to go, I enjoy haggling for a good deal on the price, can't do that with this system. Admittedly the way things are at the moment there are not great deals anyways.
Best I could do was ensure I got as much for my trade in as I possibly could.

But that is not the issue.
The car is physically at the dealer, I have an agreement with them for my trade in, and all paperwork has been completed my end. I even had the confirmation email from Cupra.
So why the heck can I not go and get the new car ? Dealers says they are waiting for approval from Cupra, I have no idea if that is the case, or if they are delaying it for some reason.
If it is the case, and this is the business model Cupra wish to employ, then they better ensure its a damn site quicker ! If I was dealing with the dealer (which I did last time round) as soon as I had completed the paperwork I got a handover date agreed.

Yes, I am maybe being churlish when others have a build car with indeterminate delivery ETA, but its not a good sign of the way forward.
Savage

Post by Savage »

Latest update, apparently Cupra wont let the system register the car with PP from new.
Seeing as how long it has taken to find that out, I gave them the rest of the week to sort it or the deals off, pity, but Cupra seem determined to shoot themselves in the foot.
Kernowboy

Post by Kernowboy »

PP??
Savage

Post by Savage »

PP = Private plates
Kernowboy

Post by Kernowboy »

So why not just register it with whatever is allocated then transfer the PP over? Don’t see the issue.
un_born

Post by un_born »

Kernowboy wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:26 pm So why not just register it with whatever is allocated then transfer the PP over? Don’t see the issue.
If Cupra Sales will take a PP then its done.

If you do yourself after allocated reg:

1. Have new plates made up and fitted.
2. Notify insurance company, may charge for admin.
3. Notify DVLA so can get new V5

It's a hell of a lot more straightforward to have it from the outset.
Savage

Post by Savage »

Yep, as un_born says, but even aside of that, the fact it took them a week to tell the dealer this was the case despite being regulary chased up by them.
When I ring Cupra customer service they are not aware of how this works at all, despite being their product and new selling method for the Born.
Even if I go down the standard plate route, all the paperwork has to be changed and resubmitted. There is no guarantee Cupra will process it in time for me to collect the car before the end of the year, let alone before xmas.
Va the standard dealer system, I would been driving around in my new car for at least a week.
It is all a complete mess TBH, and is a frustrating experience for both the dealer and customer.