Peoples thoughts on dinamica seats vs standard

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Frostybear

Post by Frostybear »

What are peoples thoughts on the upgraded dinamica seats vs the standard seats?

As far as I'm aware, the dinamica seats come with the following upgrades:
  • Nicer fabric
  • Heated seats
  • Electric adjustment (but no saving the preset position for different drivers)
  • Massage function (sounds a bit gimmicky tbh)
My local dealer only has the upgraded seats in their demo model, so I can't compare myself, but in Ireland they add an additional €1265 to spec them, wondering is it worth the cost.

Born_in_PT

Post by Born_in_PT »

Hi,

I have the Dinamica seats and I can confirm the upgrades you've mentioned.
However, the same thing happened to me, my local dealer and the test drive model that I've used already had them so I've never seen or experienced the standard seats.
My first order was with standard seats (I was taking the chance) because of the additional €, but then I had to change the order and was "forced" to have the Dinamica seats so that the car wouldn't take a few months more to arrive.
But, I'm happy with the Dinamica seats so far. They are really nice.
CUPRA Born Aurora Blue 58kWh
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

I have the normal seats and find them fine, but haven't sat in a V3 (the UK trim spec that gets them) to know the difference - I assume they're the same alcantara type material as you find on the door cards and armrest top?
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Frostybear

Post by Frostybear »

monkeyhanger wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:54 pm I have the normal seats and find them fine, but haven't sat in a V3 (the UK trim spec that gets them) to know the difference - I assume they're the same alcantara type material as you find on the door cards and armrest top?
Yes they are the same material as the armrests, with a little triangular pattern in it. It's very nice. Could be a dirt magnet though.

How do you find the standard material on the seats?
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Frostybear wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:09 pm
monkeyhanger wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:54 pm I have the normal seats and find them fine, but haven't sat in a V3 (the UK trim spec that gets them) to know the difference - I assume they're the same alcantara type material as you find on the door cards and armrest top?
Yes they are the same material as the armrests, with a little triangular pattern in it. It's very nice. Could be a dirt magnet though.

How do you find the standard material on the seats?
It's fine, looks easy to clean, but I don't let the kids eat in the car anyway - I did wonder whether the Dinamica would be dirt magnet also.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Nacaduct

Post by Nacaduct »

The standard seats are fine, but I find them a bit… warm? Apart from that, they are really comfortable.

When sitting in a car with Dinamica/electric seats, I found them to be a bit harder.
Cupra Born since ‘22
KEV1L

Post by KEV1L »

Coming from leather seats in my old car, the fabric seats feel like a step down, but I prefer the look of them to the dynamica seats. My concern with them is how well they will stay clean, hence me having a seat cover in the back to keep the kids filth off them. They are still heated (in uk V2 spec) but i'd appreciate the extra adjustability of the electric seats, and the pull out leg support.
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-M | Aurora Blue
Frostybear

Post by Frostybear »

KEV1L wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:01 pm Coming from leather seats in my old car, the fabric seats feel like a step down, but I prefer the look of them to the dynamica seats. My concern with them is how well they will stay clean, hence me having a seat cover in the back to keep the kids filth off them. They are still heated (in uk V2 spec) but i'd appreciate the extra adjustability of the electric seats, and the pull out leg support.
Thanks that's interesting info on the standard seats being heated, I'll ask my dealer what they come with in Ireland
junglecad

Post by junglecad »

V3 77Kw white L pack here - I must admit I didn't think my massage seats would be used much but WOW a massage after driving back from the office is lovely :-)
Maz123

Post by Maz123 »

In my Market with an additional E2K you can get as a package E-boost + Dynamica seats (adding a rear Arm rest as well) + Beats Audio + 19 Inch Typhoon wheels + Rear privacy glass.
I went for that package it was a no brainer for me.
Born 58kw Eboost- panoramic glass - DCC - Pilot L - Beats - Tech M - Dynamica package.