ID.3 into Born - Which model?

All CUPRA Born related discussions
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

itsmeGAV wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:19 am

I'll be honest.. I'm not exactly sure where this Snows is in Southampton haha. I'm from Wiltshire and would normally go to Cupra in Swindon but they've got no stock coming for a while!
Swindon gives me bad memories of working for Wasdell in Newcastle and having to Head down to their HQ in Swindon - even Sports Direct wouldn't stoop so low as some of their working practices! :lol:
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565

alanjs

Post by alanjs »

Here's how I got there:
PCP due for renewal in a few months so started looking for a new car. Decided to go electric.
Initially thought about an ID.3 although I don't like the front end. Wanted a Family or Max spec but they are no longer available so that option was closed off.
Really liked the Born. Wanted electric seats so it had to be a V3. Really hated the V3 standard wheels (V2 are better) but the optional Firestorm wheels are pretty good.
However, the Firestorm wheels are only available with the e-boost version so had to go with that option.
The wait goes on...
Born V3, Aurora Blue, Tech (M) pack, Firestorm wheels, Pano roof
Ordered 21 June, 2022, delivered 17 Jan 2023
itsmeGAV

Post by itsmeGAV »

So.. test drove the V3 this morning at Cupra Swindon after getting a call first thing saying they have a V2 in Aurora Blue with the L Tech Pack coming in next week.

Test drive complete and 40 minutes later.. deal done.

I’m glad I test drove the V3.. I’m really not keen on the 20” wheels and I’m not bothered for the electric seats. I will say, I couldn’t get the massage function to work, oh well!

I will miss my ID.3 but hey ho, the born just feels miles ahead!

Very happy chap.
June 2021 - Manganese Grey ID.3 Life Pro Performance - Andoyas - SOLD.
July 2022 - Aurora Blue V2 Born - Tech-L - loving it!
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

ID3 going on Motorway?

itsmeGAV

Post by itsmeGAV »

monkeyhanger wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:54 pm ID3 going on Motorway?
It certainly is! Offered £33,500 which I think is a great price.
Blackeunos

Post by Blackeunos »

itsmeGAV wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:20 pm It certainly is! Offered £33,500 which I think is a great price.
Have you checked webuyanycar as well?

I did my 10 month old iD.3 Life Pro again to check today and it came back with a value of £34300!

Now with their admin fee (£75) and next day payment charge (£25), that's still £1500 more than the dealer px, so I might go down and see how much else they take off, could still be more than the px and reasonably hassle free.

Going to try motorway again, but having trouble with the camera permission on my phone when trying to take the pictures.
2016-2021 - Nissan Leaf Tekna 24
Sept 21-July 22 - VW ID.3 Life Pro Moonstone
July 22 - Cupra Born V1, Vapor grey, Tech Pack L, 19" Typhoon alloys
itsmeGAV

Post by itsmeGAV »

Blackeunos wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:46 pm
itsmeGAV wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:20 pm It certainly is! Offered £33,500 which I think is a great price.
Have you checked webuyanycar as well?

I did my 10 month old iD.3 Life Pro again to check today and it came back with a value of £34300!

Now with their admin fee (£75) and next day payment charge (£25), that's still £1500 more than the dealer px, so I might go down and see how much else they take off, could still be more than the px and reasonably hassle free.

Going to try motorway again, but having trouble with the camera permission on my phone when trying to take the pictures.
I'll be honest, going through Motorway is already more hassle for me than it's worth... I just want an easy sell and can't be arsed to go to various places.

I brought the ID.3 a year ago for 30k so 3.5k profit is good enough for me. :D
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Buying cars is quite easy right now, as there's no possibility of paying a penny less than RRP, so there's no haggling to be done - not good for the wallet though! With the low supply of new cars coming through, there's no room for procrastination either.