How do you like your Born?

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Nacaduct

Post by Nacaduct »

I find lots of posts here getting all technical, and that’s fine and all, but how do you find your car? As a car? You like it? You don’t? Please share. Might be intereting for potential Born wannabe owners;)
Cupra Born since ‘22

Nacaduct

Post by Nacaduct »

I switched from a Seat Ibiza exactly a month ago and couldn’t be happier.
Ride quality is much better (I have 18” wheels) overall quality is a whole lot better, and for my driving style, it fits perfectly.
I drive about 50km every day back and forth to work, on an 80km/h road and average 140wH/km in consumption which is way better than I expected. Before getting the Born, I guessed 200wH/km (bring winter and we shall see if I’m correct), but so far, this has been much better than expected.

The ride itself is what is best. Both ways, there are a lot of people daydreaming (I assume) that can’t seem to keep tye speed limit, and if overtaking, this little car has ample power to do what it must do and leave the slow pokes behind.

I like the interior and do not feel that the lack of buttons is a problem at all - rather, I find it relaxing every time I enter the car. This is not a Porsche Cayenne of 10 years ago 😂

The seats (I have the non-electrical ones) are super comfortable.

The infotainment screen is OK, but not great. It’s somewhat laggy and the layout could be better, but I suppose there is room for improvement throught software updates. After all, this is like Android wanting to be iOS…

Overall, I couldn’t be happier. Over here (in Sweden) taxes on a combustion car are getting ridiculously expensive, and being part of evolution feels like the way to go.
Cupra Born since ‘22
Betty b

Post by Betty b »

I watched every review on YouTube before ours came,
most saying great car apart from heater and steering wheel controls, oh and it’s not a hot hatch but slightly warm!

I have to say so far me and other half are over the moon with ours, like how it drives, not disappointing at all, in fact it’s better than we both expected.
Like the tech love the front seats, very comfortable on long journeys, range is what we expected too, wouldn’t go back to ice car, I know it’s early days for electric but I think Cupra/VW have done a great job 👍
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-L | Vapour Grey
Nacaduct

Post by Nacaduct »

Thanks for sharing.

Agree with you 100% - can’t see myself ever go back to an ICE car…

Oh, and coming home and charging in the garage is an awesome feature. Thinking of those poor bastards filling up their diesel wagons for 25kr/l…
Cupra Born since ‘22
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

I came from an ID3 LIFE Pro Perf. The ID3 was my first EV and I loved it but the interior was very basic, utilitarian. The Born for me fills all shortcomings that the ID3 had. Its look, sharper drive and interior that is so much better than its ID cousin. I love the HUD and the Typhoon 19" wheels. They look so much better than the Andoyas I had on the Life. I find the controls like anything technical, just a bit of adapting to something new and you are away. My only bugbears are the window buttons to control the rear. I regularly take the rear windows down by mistake.
A bonus is Im still enjoying Octopus Go at 4.76p/kW so right now with a long term average of 4.7 miles/kW I travel at 1p/mile. 😊
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
SimonH

Post by SimonH »

Had mine a couple of weeks now, V2 spec.

Wanted a Golf sized EV car, but didn't like the ID3 looks, saw the Born loved its looks and found one in more or less the spec I wanted in stock.

I love it, I think all the talk of hot hatch etc is a bit daft, but what I will say is, take it away from the track or wherever the journos test and onto a nice properly twisty B road and it's great fun, really quite nippy when below 60 and the handling is very nice . Really like the way in B mode you can set it up for bends without needing the brakes. Not how you'd do it on track but in the real world on real roads it's nice.

And then commuting in it, all very quiet and relaxing and I love the tech such as ACC.

Screen is ok, occasionally a bit laggy but not too bad, and a good size. Not a massive fan of everything being there and would rather explicit controls for the heating/AC, radio etc but that's how things are these days. Don't mind the haptic controls either.

App isn't great but I guess they will sort it over time.

It makes my MX5 (which I love to bits) feel a bit old fashioned (and my Defender but then any car designed in the last 50 years does that 🤣).

All in all no regrets, very happy with mine, and looking forward to the experience getting better as the software matures.
WelshCupraB

Post by WelshCupraB »

The ride is firmer than the ID3 and the same as my Audi S3 I traded in but ok in the UK with our rubbish roads. The infotainment is quite laggy and the car always defaults to Comfort Mode. My Hyundai I30 infotainment was so much faster. I would have liked the drive mode available on the steering wheel like the EBoost cars. Big annoyance is the fact you have to have the aircon on to use the fan / blowers, why ? With AC off and window open a bit car in Range mode and B mode (regen) I got 5.1m/kwh driving 10 miles on 30 mph roads. I have done 170 miles since collecting the car driving at 70, 60, 50 and 30 mph and long term consumption is 3.9 miles per kwh. Best charger I used so far is the POD ones at Tesco. 7kwh is FREE and 22 kwh 28p per kwh. Alloys better on the ID3.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

WelshCupraB wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:08 pm The ride is firmer than the ID3 and the same as my Audi S3 I traded in but ok in the UK with our rubbish roads. The infotainment is quite laggy and the car always defaults to Comfort Mode. My Hyundai I30 infotainment was so much faster. I would have liked the drive mode available on the steering wheel like the EBoost cars. Big annoyance is the fact you have to have the aircon on to use the fan / blowers, why ? With AC off and window open a bit car in Range mode and B mode (regen) I got 5.1m/kwh driving 10 miles on 30 mph roads. I have done 170 miles since collecting the car driving at 70, 60, 50 and 30 mph and long term consumption is 3.9 miles per kwh. Best charger I used so far is the POD ones at Tesco. 7kwh is FREE and 22 kwh 28p per kwh. Alloys better on the ID3.
Like the ID3 you can have ventilation fan on without AC (Compressor). If the ambient is below 22C or so its nice to have the air movement with windows shut.
Set the cabin temperature to LO both sides.
It works for me and the fan is a negligible power draw. I would think running from the 12v side.
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE