Question re Park Assist

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Alanwmcc

Post by Alanwmcc »

I wonder if someone with a Born Tech Pack L could answer a question for me? My current Golf has park assist which is activated by pressing a button by the gearstick. Nice and simple. The ID3 appears to have a button below the LCD screen. How is the Park Assist switched on in the Born? Please don't tell me you have to poke that 12 inch screen repeatedly whilst driving along a busy city street looking for a parking spot :? That wouldn't be good!

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

I couldn't tell you for sure. Me and the missus each have a Born with the L-Tech pack and haven't been tempted once to even try the park assist. I'm pretty sure there is no specific direct access park assist button, so you'll almost certainly have to navigate through to the driver assist screen and select it. It's probably customisable with the split screen menu to get straight to the driver assist screen with shortcuts I have implemented for a few other things.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Alanwmcc

Post by Alanwmcc »

Thanks for your reply. That a bit annoying as VW have seen fit to provide a button. As you have the Park Assist I'd highly recommend trying it . The system takes a bit of getting used to, but once mastered I have found it extremely useful for city parking.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Alanwmcc wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:57 am Thanks for your reply. That a bit annoying as VW have seen fit to provide a button. As you have the Park Assist I'd highly recommend trying it . The system takes a bit of getting used to, but once mastered I have found it extremely useful for city parking.
I've mastered parallel parking into fairly tight spaces without kerbing my alloys, i'm sure the system can get me into a space, not sure it can do it without kerbing the alloys from what other people have told me about the system in their Golfs and Tiguans.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Betty b

Post by Betty b »

Yes it’s a bit of a faff, I think you can access it from reverse screen too but not easy when your searching for a space, used ours twice but I found it moves way too fast for me so had to slightly press the brake throughout, would be better if you could select a slower speed or maybe it’s just me.
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-L | Vapour Grey
Nacaduct

Post by Nacaduct »

You can only (AFAIK) access it from the 🚘 menu or from a button visible when backing up.

I tried the Park Assist a few days ago in the garage, and it absolutely FREAKED OUT. Given, there are lots of pillars and what have you, and the parking spaces aren’t all lined up straight, but that was a scary experience when it seemed the car had a seizure while trying to park. I’ll manage on my own TYVM…
Cupra Born since ‘22
JezzyJV

Post by JezzyJV »

Hmm , I must be doing something wrong I think as its all working for you guys ... ? Mine just says its searching for space but never seems to find one , even when there are plenty ... it just never moves on from that , any ideas anyone ?
Cupra Born V2 - vapour grey - tech pack L
Stuffygibbon

Post by Stuffygibbon »

JezzyJV wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:02 am Hmm , I must be doing something wrong I think as its all working for you guys ... ? Mine just says its searching for space but never seems to find one , even when there are plenty ... it just never moves on from that , any ideas anyone ?
Are you in an empty car park? It needs to see other cars around. That said I’ve only tested the once and needed it for both parking types. Also you need to be indicating too.
Born V2 with Tech pack L - Glacial White