My Born small improvement’s

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Rerb

Post by Rerb »

I have just ordered adjustable floor kit from fox brothers seat direct online with boot liner as there on sale, may get mudflaps later.
Will try & establish how much higher to lift this to enable fitment of space saver/jack as I haven't acquired one as of yet.
V3, Aurora Blue, Beats Audio, Glass Roof

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Rerb wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:23 pm I have just ordered adjustable floor kit from fox brothers seat direct online with boot liner as there on sale, may get mudflaps later.
Will try & establish how much higher to lift this to enable fitment of space saver/jack as I haven't acquired one as of yet.
You have ordered the right boot liner? On the ID3 there are 2 variant shapes of the boot liner, one for ID3s with adjustable height boot and one for those without. I'm presuming there is no Born variant that comes with the adjustable floor standard fit, and therefore no official Cupra variable boot floor boot liner. Might be worth a check.

Just had a look - there is a "double floor" variant of the semi rigid boot liner, that'll be the one needed for the fitment of the false floor.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Rerb

Post by Rerb »

I did check this & ordered the adjustable floor liner, there is the standard option also available to order .
Worth a look for any accessories you may need
Deleted User 490

Post by Deleted User 490 »

Agree with that, they are definitely worth a look. I got the variable floor for mine from them as I couldn’t source a car already being built with the cargo pack and the dealer couldn’t (or wouldn’t) supply the parts. It’s genuine VAG, no fitting instructions and just comes with 6 bolts, but with a bit of jiggery pokery went in.

PS. I retained the floor liner from my ID.3, which had the variable floor, it fitted the Born with the variable floor perfectly
Rerb

Post by Rerb »

Mine hopefully coming tomorrow, did you have to drill holes for bolts or are they already ready & waiting??
Stu

Post by Stu »

The fixing points are already there. You need to make some holes in the carpet.

129A83F8-3C52-42D9-B2BC-804329ACF412.jpeg

CD7184B8-FCB5-4259-B9D0-8A99CDD3926F.jpeg

Stu….

V2 - Vapour Grey
Deleted User 490

Post by Deleted User 490 »

Yes. I didn’t go to as much trouble, instead, with the carpets still in situ I lined up where the bolts needed to be and cut crosses in the carpet with a Stanley knife which were sufficient to let the bolts through to the holes.

At the back corners once the false floor parts were in I found that the bottom floor carpet didn’t fold back down quite flat and into the corners, but rather than having a go at trimming it left well alone.
Savage

Post by Savage »

Did you use the rivets in the mud flaps ?
I just got my mud flaps today, and was surprised to see rivets, the last few VAG cars I fitted mud flaps too, used existing bolts and plastic popper dooh dahs !
I either need to buy a rivet gun, or some plastic poppers :)
Cupra Born V2 58KWh AFV 230 Auto E-Boost with Tech Pack L in Geyser Silver.
Rerb

Post by Rerb »

Thanks for the information guys, when I order mudflaps I don't think I would be using rivets, if you need toget past inner arch cover for anything permanent fix my hamper access.
Savage

Post by Savage »

Betty b wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:53 pm Remember to keep bonnet open while coding then long press infotainment on/off to re start and your done 👍
Is that specific to the rear speaker coding, or required when doing any coding ?
I have OBD11 but havent used it for years, will be after doing some one click mods for a few things once I have the car.
Cupra Born V2 58KWh AFV 230 Auto E-Boost with Tech Pack L in Geyser Silver.