My Born small improvement’s

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Savage

Post by Savage »

But yours wasn't a branded FitcamX ?
Cupra Born V2 58KWh AFV 230 Auto E-Boost with Tech Pack L in Geyser Silver.

Savage

Post by Savage »

Front mud flaps fitted :)

Excuse the filthy car, is due a full proper wash and wax in the near future !

2 existing liner screws used, 4 others are the plastic pop fixings. all feels solid.
inside arch and underneath fixings:

f-us.jpg

f_is.jpg

The rear I haven't completed yet as I am not happy about how they are meant to fix.
As you can see, it only uses one existing liner screw, and they provide rivets for the inside fixing and plastic poppers for the underside.

My plan is as follows:
The liner at the rear feels a little soft, so I will use one plastic popper as per my loose fitting pic (opened up that mud flap hole to suit) and some double sided number plate tape along where the other rivet holes are.
I used a small bradawl to make a hole between the rear tyre and arch, then opened up the softish material with a screwdriver enough for the plastic popper. You could take the wheels off to make it easier ;)

I am not comfortable with being held in with 1 screw and the rest just poppers as the arch liner isn't rigid. So I will buy some screws to match the existing ones, and use those to fix to the underside in the bumper plastic.
This should give me a solid fixing that I am happy with.

r_is.jpg

r_us.jpg

In hindsight, it looks like the ID3 ones Betty b fitted are more protective and utilise more existing screws. If I did it again I would get those !
Rerb

Post by Rerb »

Cheers bud
It's given me info on the best way around not using rivets!!
👍
V3, Aurora Blue, Beats Audio, Glass Roof
un_born

Post by un_born »

Savage wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:33 pm But yours wasn't a branded FitcamX ?
Nothing to do with the cam, it's the wiring from the car. For some reason, mine did not time out.
Savage

Post by Savage »

Odd, would that mean your rain sensor is on permanently ?
un_born

Post by un_born »

All I can tell you is I patched in for camera the same as the supplied loom from the fitxamx and my dashcam did not power down. The loom it draws power from is common knowledge and not some secret fitxamx magic.

However, for me it would never power down in my few days if testing. So I gave up and just wired it the traditional way to the fusebox.

I don't use the parking mode, so I prefer the cam to shut down when I lock the car.

Come to think of it, maybe I didn't set the dashcam to go off with ignition and it stayed on in parking mode.... Bottom line, mines installed and working as I want it now and it's a job ticked off.

Merry Xmas!
KEV1L

Post by KEV1L »

Betty b wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:28 pm Thank you for the info, had another look today again but nothing jumping out 🤔
I realise its been quite a while... did you ever find an answer to the programming problems?
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-M | Aurora Blue
soreng

Post by soreng »

KEV1L wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:55 pm
Betty b wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:28 pm Thank you for the info, had another look today again but nothing jumping out 🤔
I realise its been quite a while... did you ever find an answer to the programming problems?
As I see it, the cars have different software versions. Look st the top of the screen - version 3.x has a “climate”-label, and the older version have a “fan”-icon

There have been some changes to the sound in the versions. I would suggest getting the car to the same version (at the dealer) before trying again
tuppaware

Post by tuppaware »

I've heard that adding polyfill into the beats sub will improve its response a bit and be less flappy.
Although having a look at torx screws in they seem to be riveted in place and impossible to remove without drilling out ?
Aussie Owners review of the Born 2023
https://youtu.be/2tMEUtKVnOg
SabreDentist

Post by SabreDentist »

Not being confident about using rivets, clips, or the prospect of drilling holes, I have ordered the Automotive Passion arch guard/mudflaps for my Born, which are attached by re-using the existing OEM screws on the fronts. For the rears, they supply replacement screws and spacers for the existing OEM screws. They guards are in a gloss black, I will report back after fitting!