Cupra ID terms and conditions

All CUPRA Born related discussions
mluisbrown

Post by mluisbrown »

This morning I got a notification from the EEVEE app that it could no longer connect to my Cupra ID. I provided the credentials again and it seems fine. I had to re-login to the MyCupra app again (although this has been a frequent issue recently).

But then I got an email about the Cupra ID terms and conditions, and there's a clause there that concerns me a little:
8. Misuse

The User agrees not to misuse SEAT ID & CUPRA ID. In particular, the User undertakes not to carry out the following actions:

[...]

Use SEAT ID & CUPRA ID or a part of it in other private or commercial websites and make commercial use of SEAT ID & CUPRA ID; nor to establish hyperlinks to SEAT ID & CUPRA ID or any of its contents (unless expressly authorized in writing by SEAT).

[...]

SEAT is entitled to block access to certain SEAT ID & CUPRA ID services to any User in case the User violates these Terms of Use, third party rights or applicable law and, in particular, the commitments under this clause. SEAT shall retain all other additional rights which may correspond against the User, in particular concerning the initiation of criminal or civil proceedings.
I don't remember if that was in the original T&Cs. Technically it would seem like using the Cupra ID in apps like EEVEE, Tronity or even Home Assistant would violate this rule. Did anyone else get a new T&Cs email or similarly have to login again in 3rd party apps?
2023 Born 58kWh, Glacial White, 19" Typhoon Copper, Skyline, Blue Dinamica electric seats, Cargo, Privacy, Pilot M+, Tech M
2003 Audi A3 8L 1.9TDi PD 130 with 360,000kms.

Ponk

Post by Ponk »

I saw my widget was not working this morning so opened it, I had to login, got a similar message with 3 or 4 boxes to accept terms, I declined some of the obvious options, had to try 3x before it accepted my anser, and then it let me into the app, I also got the same email sent straight after login.
Cupra Born, 77Kw, Silver, 20" Firestorm, Advance Pack, Beats, Heat Pump, Swiss Model.
dooleydoo

Post by dooleydoo »

I accepted the T&C's in the app but my Ohme charger still will not connect to Cupra to read the SoC. I unpaired the car and tried to re-pair but the sign in fails (definitely the right username and password).
AGW

Post by AGW »

Likewise I just accepted the new T&C's in the app and now the OHME charger can no longer read the SOC from the car.
AGW

Post by AGW »

I emailed OHME customer services who responded within 2 hours (on a Sunday). They are aware of this issue and are investigating.
mluisbrown

Post by mluisbrown »

FWIW both Eeevee and Tronity are able to read SoC and other data from the car after I accepted the new T&Cs, although with Eevee I had to re-login.
2023 Born 58kWh, Glacial White, 19" Typhoon Copper, Skyline, Blue Dinamica electric seats, Cargo, Privacy, Pilot M+, Tech M
2003 Audi A3 8L 1.9TDi PD 130 with 360,000kms.
dooleydoo

Post by dooleydoo »

AGW wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 10:55 am I emailed OHME customer services who responded within 2 hours (on a Sunday). They are aware of this issue and are investigating.
Great, thanks for the update. Would be good if Ohme shared this info more widely via social media etc...