All CUPRA Born related discussions
milkyway55

Post by milkyway55 »

TaylorT2 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:24 pm
milkyway55 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:57 pm
TaylorT2 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:37 pm

Why no to those questions

And why no battery degradation

Might be tedious questions but at the end of the day it's still the car I'll be driving for a long time that I've paid for
Because the dealer won't have it on charge for all this time, they don't come from factory with 100% charge and battery degredation is caused by driving it and charging it over several years, not sat in a dealer's lot.
So even if the battery was charged to let's say 80% and has been sat there since January until April, that the battery is absolutely fine?
Of course
2023 Cupra Born, 77kWh eBoost, 5 seats, Aurora Blue, 19" Copper Typhoon, Pilot L + TPA, Tech L w/SAFE, AR-HUD.

TaylorT2

Post by TaylorT2 »

milkyway55 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:13 pm
TaylorT2 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:24 pm
milkyway55 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:57 pm

Because the dealer won't have it on charge for all this time, they don't come from factory with 100% charge and battery degredation is caused by driving it and charging it over several years, not sat in a dealer's lot.
So even if the battery was charged to let's say 80% and has been sat there since January until April, that the battery is absolutely fine?
Of course
Oh, I was always under the assumption having a car on a high % charge just being sat there not being used is bad.

I thought this was why people always say don't charge to 100%
Ponk

Post by Ponk »

Sitting at 100% for a long term is not ideal, but I highly doubt they do that. All you can do is contact them and ask.
Cupra Born, 77Kw, Silver, 20" Firestorm, Advance Pack, Beats, Heat Pump, Swiss Model.
TaylorT2

Post by TaylorT2 »

Ponk wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:25 am Sitting at 100% for a long term is not ideal, but I highly doubt they do that. All you can do is contact them and ask.
Yeah I suppose. It annoys me as I don't want the battery to already be in a worse condition than it should be as it's a brand new car, I'm the first owner.

Just want to receive it in its best shape
RedPanda

Post by RedPanda »

"Yeah I suppose. It annoys me as I don't want the battery to already be in a worse condition than it should be as it's a brand new car, I'm the first owner."

If EVs degraded the moment they're off the production line, don't you think all EV's in existence would be recalled, scrapped and not be driven around?

You're overworrying about something that doesn't matter.