I just got a V3 Vapor Grey I need some advice please :)

New to the CUPRA Born Forums? Introduce yourself here
TheBornIDentity

Post by TheBornIDentity »

andya wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 8:21 pm Damn mine doesn't look like that it doesn't show the current charge on the app or the charger as I just checked, I did email Ohme today and they said i don't need to choose the tariff as it will liase with Octopus I wonder what I haven't done properly :(
Getting it to know the state of charge is an easy fix. In the Ohme app go to manage my EV, tap switch car and add the Cupra born again and provide it with you Cupra log in details when it asks. You probably set that bit up before they added the ability to know the charge as that only recently been added.

The tariff bit is definitely a call to Octopus but if you set the tariff to Octopus GO and set it to only charge in at the cheap rate in the options (it’s a switch time option you don’t set times) with a target time of 04:30 instead you’ll be most of the way there just missing out on 2 hours of cheaper rates until they sort it out for you.

andya

Post by andya »

I just set a new schedule to put 20% in by 5.30am and when I connected the car it started charging straight away saying target was 20% by 21.32 !!!!! I wish I knew what was going on with this app :(
TheBornIDentity

andya wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 8:24 pm So do I wait until 11.30 and ask it to put 20% in and do I need to do that as a new schedule or just do it on the charger as it clearly doesn't know what level the car is on.
If you can’t get it to recognise the charge level by reading the car set a new schedule or modify an existing one to add 20% for 05:30am. If you changed the tariff to Octopus go and turned on the switch in the Ohme app that makes it charge only at the cheap rate just plug in the car and it will delay the charge until sometime after 00:30.
TheBornIDentity

andya wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 8:35 pm I just set a new schedule to put 20% in by 5.30am and when I connected the car it started charging straight away saying target was 20% by 21.32 !!!!! I wish I knew what was going on with this app :(
It’s because the tariff is wrong. It will start charging straight away no matter what time you set it for unless you change the tariff to GO or set up 3 different schedules 2 off which the target is 0% for. Switching the tariff to GO is the easiest though.
TheBornIDentity

To botch the times you’ll need:

0% by 23:30, so it won’t try to add anything
20% by 05:30 so it will add what you want
0% by 05:31 so it will stop charging by trying to add nothing.

Really not ideal though, switch the tariff in the app to Octopus GO or GO faster is much less of a botch.
andya

Post by andya »

Wow I added the Cupra again like you said and the app now shows the car at 85% you are amazing :) thanks so much but I feel I am not out of the woods yet, so I have asked it to get it to 100% by 5.30am (I think I asked it that ) :)) the screen on the charger now says car currently 85% delayed charging until 00.04 target of 100% by 03.12 does that make sense to you? I didn't do this as a new schedule I just manually input it into the charger the question is will it charge :)
Andy
TheBornIDentity

andya wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 8:54 pm Wow I added the Cupra again like you said and the app now shows the car at 85% you are amazing :) thanks so much but I feel I am not out of the woods yet, so I have asked it to get it to 100% by 5.30am (I think I asked it that ) :)) the screen on the charger now says car currently 85% delayed charging until 00.04 target of 100% by 03.12 does that make sense to you? I didn't do this as a new schedule I just manually input it into the charger the question is will it charge :)
Andy
Excellent. Sounds like an odd time for it to end but sounds like it will work. You can have a look on the dashboard and so long as it looks good on there it will work. 3 hours is plenty of time to add 20%
andya

Post by andya »

I will let you know what happens fingers crossed :)
TheBornIDentity

Good luck 🤞
Ponk

Post by Ponk »

TheBornIDentity wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 8:01 pm 3.6 mi/kWh is pretty good for the motorway. I very rarely drive over 70 mph on the motorway as it has such a big impact on efficiency. I find with an electric car, because they are so efficient compared to an ICE car, little things have an obvious impact. Last week going south on the M5 with a headwind in rain I got 3.2. Today going north on the M5 in the dry with a tail wind I got 3.8. Rain has a fairly big impact which you’d never notice in an ICE.

I set the cabin to 19 in the winter and 20 in the summer so the climate isn’t working too hard. I’m fairly convinced the car has two resistive heaters because I had a passenger from my daily commute most of the winter and uses much less energy on days I didn’t have the passenger and that side was on ECO.

I’ve done about 8000 miles now since I got the car in July and my average is 3.6 mi/kWh.

One thing I’d advise is not to over use B mode and have the odd day without using it. The discs will rust up something chronic and if you find yourself braking hard it can feel like they have warped. I’ve found the odd day without using B mode helps stop that.
Bear in mind D mode isn’t activating the brakes either, it’s activating regen also. You need to either press the pedal hard enough to go beyond max regen limit (check the green bar level on the dash) or go into N on a downhill. Cheers
Cupra Born, 77Kw, Silver, 20" Firestorm, Advance Pack, Beats, Heat Pump, Swiss Model.