New order - lead time

New to the CUPRA Born Forums? Introduce yourself here
Kebel

Post by Kebel »

First post and I'm in Ireland so times will be different (takes longer to get here) but my Dublin based dealer told me the Right Hand Drive cars for the UK and Ireland are transported together from the factory to the UK, with the cars ultimately destined for Ireland carrying on overland and then across the Irish Sea to Dublin.

Being an impatient type I have agreed to take a car which is already built (came off the line about a week ago) so dealer is expecting it will be delivered to him around mid to late February.

He's saying then to allow about a week for PDI / prep but has assured me me that I will be in the car before March. I have been dealing with the family owned dealership for a few years (this is the fifth car I bought off them) so at this stage I trust him as he's never given me a "bum steer" to date. Had a loaner for a full day and loved it so looking forward to taking delivery ASAP.

robotango

Post by robotango »

Ordered a Cupra born through Arval lease and got told the expected delivery date is now in October of 2023, I’ve ordered a V2, 58kw eboost in vapour grey with a pilot m pack. Does that sound like a realistic lead time, could the spec be pushing the date out
Cupra Born v2 vapour grey 58kwh eboost on order
gregtaiter

Post by gregtaiter »

I ordered November 22 and am still being told June 23 by JCT600 who my company car lease is with. Anyone else any new info. The wait is killing me!
Shahev

Post by Shahev »

@gregtaiter my wife ordered late August 2022 and was finally manufactured around 6 Feb. And expect pick up in 2 weeks so from order to delivery 7 months. Better than the ID3!
Born 77 kw. V3. DCC Beats Heat Pump Firestorm
gregtaiter

Post by gregtaiter »

Literally just been notified that mines gone back 3 months to mid September :cry:
Shahev

Post by Shahev »

gregtaiter wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:06 pm Literally just been notified that mines gone back 3 months to mid September :cry:
Delays and more delays. We've been told that even though our Born left the factory on 22 February, because of limited ferries and UK lorry drivers, our car could take 6 weeks to arrive at the dealer!
Born 77 kw. V3. DCC Beats Heat Pump Firestorm
gregtaiter

Post by gregtaiter »

I’ve cancelled my order and gone for a Tesla Model 3 long range. Shorter lead time and hopefully not as many problems with the infotainment
TaylorT2

Post by TaylorT2 »

robotango wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:32 pm Ordered a Cupra born through Arval lease and got told the expected delivery date is now in October of 2023, I’ve ordered a V2, 58kw eboost in vapour grey with a pilot m pack. Does that sound like a realistic lead time, could the spec be pushing the date out
Just dropped you a PM about this mate