Charging issues

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
TheBornIDentity

Post by TheBornIDentity »

Inexplicably my car charged normally today.

This problem has introduced me to a wonder of Intelligent Octopus I wasn’t aware of before. So long as Octopus schedules the charge it’s at the cheap rate even if the departure time isn’t after the nighttime cheap rate.
I wanted to use loads of appliances and the car was only on 27% so I plugged it in and told the app I wanted 60% by 14:30. My Ohme delayed the charge start by about 2 hours but this time I got a notification on the Cupra app that the car had started charging when the charge started (I’ve never had one of those before) and it worked fine.

I have a support ticket with Ohme that has been escalated so it’s possible they have push an update to my charger. The only other difference is because it wasn’t working before I’ve a schedule in the car and it knows my home as a charge location.

It could have been a fluke but it’s looking promising.

OS12

Post by OS12 »

Sadly I’m like this now, my Zappi can’t initiate charging on Eco+ or when scheduled at night. V frustrating, our Tesla is still charging normally. I’m H30, awaiting comment from Zappi. Has yours been fine since?
TheBornIDentity

Post by TheBornIDentity »

OS12 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:25 am Sadly I’m like this now, my Zappi can’t initiate charging on Eco+ or when scheduled at night. V frustrating, our Tesla is still charging normally. I’m H30, awaiting comment from Zappi. Has yours been fine since?
Mine is still working but I’ve noticed it only works if I get out the car having been in drive and plug in and lock it. If I decide to charge it and haven’t driven it, so unlock then plug in and lock again the charge will fail. God knows why, so if I haven’t been anywhere and decide to charge I get in, put it in D then put them out the parking break back on, get out and plug it in 🤪
OS12

Post by OS12 »

So hard to work out these glitches! Getting closer. This afternoon I came home and plugged in when the sun was out and it started charging, then the Zappi was able to start and stop as needed all afternoon. Played with it a bit more and it seems that it needs to start charging immediately and then it can start and stop as needed. I’ll test it with a change planned for 00:30 tonight. 🤞
OS12

Post by OS12 »

Nope didn’t work! Will try more things, I said mine was H30 but that’s ‘Hardware’, my ‘Display unit / control panel hardware’ is also H43.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

My car also refused to schedule charge after the recent recall work, but thanks to TheBornIDentity (and one other) I have used Intelligent Octopus to overcome the issue. Thanks!
Intelligent Octopus seems perfect anyway for low-cost charging
Incidentally, my car is now H30 hardware / H43 display / 0561 software which appear older than some others?
Gerry, V2 July 2022
MWILLS

Post by MWILLS »

I'm a new Born owner. Took delivery of a brand new 73 reg car last. Reading the above thread, is exactly the same problem I'm having. I assume having a brand new car, it's got the latest software? I have a Qubev smart charger and signed up to Intelligent Octopus. I've tried scheduling night charging both with charger app and Octopus app, neither work. All I get is the My Cupra app notifying me charging could not start, because time response has expired. I've worked my way through the useless car user manual, trying various settings i.e.charge now, charge per schedule, charge by departure time. None seem to work. I've ensured when using Intelligent Octopus, that all other smart control devices are disabled or in manual.
Having tried everything, I'm at my wits end and it's certainly taken the shine of owning, what is a really nice car to drive. I do have it booked in for a diagnostic check in a couple weeks, so that may shed some light.
I've logged a ticket with Cupra, but no response. I've spoken to Octopus tech support, via the customer service team, which hasn't produced any nuggets of information. I've also reached out to Charger tech support, but they can't offer anything. By the way, is it me, or are all tech support shielded from the public.
Anyway rant over. If anyone does have some suggestions of what to try next, let me know.
Ta
Tsorban

Post by Tsorban »

I have only had my Born for 4 weeks and have the same issue with a Rolec charger. Will have to try some of the suggestions.
Shahev

Post by Shahev »

For information, our Andersen A2 charger has no issues with scheduled charges set as Routines with the Cupra app.
Born 77 kw. V3. DCC Beats Heat Pump Firestorm
Paul.Born

Post by Paul.Born »

Hi
We are yet to have a charger installed at home So first charge on new car was a public hyper charger
. Charged to 100% ok. Didnt like my bank card so I was going to set it up on the app until I remebered I had the electroverse card which put the payment against my Optopus account.
Anyway ,back to home charging From what I can see from the octopus app is when I want to go to IO tariff I have to perform a test charge for verification and then hopefully it all works. Home
Charger incoming on the 27th October, fingers 🤞.

20231015_143044.jpg

V2 77 Vapour Grey DCC Beats