Keyless Lock/Unlock

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
SilverCupra

Post by SilverCupra »

Hi All,

My keyless locking and unlocking is very intermittent, next to useless really..

I have seen many posts on here about it not liking the cold weather, so I gave it the benefit of the doubt and have fumbled for my key to use the buttons.

However, I was expecting it it improve as the weather is getting warmer, but no, no improvement it is still as useless as it was over the winter months.

I have tried the spare key and also replaced the batteries, but still very intermittent, works about one in three times.

I find the unlocking appears a little worse, but then the locking often doesn't work.

So, am I wrong to assume it should have improved as it is getting warmer, or do I have a fault ?

Just wondered what other Cupra's are like, working or not ?

To rub salt in, my wife has an Ibiza with the same system, and that unlocks at the slightest grab of the handle..
Probably another Cupra only issue, more cost cutting I bet ;-)
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-L | Geysor Silver

alanjs

Post by alanjs »

I've never had any problems with mine, but I've been using cars with VW's KESSY system for years.
When you unlock, make sure you don't wrap your hand round the handle, just tap the inside with your hand flat.
Born V3, Aurora Blue, Tech (M) pack, Firestorm wheels, Pano roof
Ordered 21 June, 2022, delivered 17 Jan 2023
mluisbrown

Post by mluisbrown »

I've also had no issues with mine. When I got my car (just less than a month ago), the dealer specifically warned be not to touch the exterior of the door handle, just the inside, as mentioned above. Otherwise it can get confused as it's not sure whether you're locking or unlocking.
2023 Born 58kWh, Glacial White, 19" Typhoon Copper, Skyline, Blue Dinamica electric seats, Cargo, Privacy, Pilot M+, Tech M
2003 Audi A3 8L 1.9TDi PD 130 with 360,000kms.
davmatjo

Post by davmatjo »

Same here, it's the rare exception where it doesn't work rather than any sort of norm, I tend to tap the inside rather than grab the handle too.
Betty b

Post by Betty b »

Ours is very intermittent, was hopeful it would improve as weather warmed up but still not unlocking every time but locks ok
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-L | Vapour Grey
M4rco

Post by M4rco »

I was surprised to find keyless entry isn’t standard 🤷‍♂️
ToniC

Post by ToniC »

I m Surprise top. But i think It can be turned on by software Jobs. Or not?
alanjs

Post by alanjs »

ToniC wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:32 pm I m Surprise top. But i think It can be turned on by software Jobs. Or not?
Nope. You have to have one of the Tech Packs - I had to amend my order once I found out.
Born V3, Aurora Blue, Tech (M) pack, Firestorm wheels, Pano roof
Ordered 21 June, 2022, delivered 17 Jan 2023
CupraV3

Post by CupraV3 »

Works perfectly for me. Basically to unlock the car touch the inside of the door grab handle. To lock it cover the ------- indent on the outside edge of the door grab handle. Not being distinct about this will cause it to get confused and not do what you are expecting it to do.
Cupra Born | V3 | Aurora Blue | e-Boost | 20" 'Blizzard' Wheels | Panoramic Roof | Easee One Charging Robot